Senior Health Policy and Influencing Officer (12mth FTC)
Senior Health Policy and Influencing Officer
About Our Client
This is a key role in the health and social care team, within the UK policy, research and advocacy department and the wider communications and advocacy directorate. To act as an expert adviser on matters of health and social care as they relate to the work and reach of our client.
You will be responsible for:
- Prioritise influencing and external engagement as a means to take forward our policy positions
- Support strategic stakeholder engagement to allow us to influence as effectively as possible across the UK.
- Identify key contacts in Government, statutory services, national stakeholders working on health and social care and ally organisations and broker, develop and maintain effective relationships at the appropriate level.
- Design and deliver creative and impactful advocacy campaigns using the most appropriate methods, from quiet diplomacy to engaging supporters in action. Work with colleagues from across the communications and advocacy directorate and operations to ensure best use of all our channels to influence.
- Quickly develop policy expertise and ensure a strong evidence base is created including through supporting and informing the policy research programme.
- Undertake relevant policy development, including through supporting the design, delivery and communication of research.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent knowledge of the health and social care landscape.
- Understanding of public policy making.
- Proven, demonstrable and excellent verbal and written communication skills, for a variety of audiences.
- Highly organised and able to meet demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and build relationships with other staff members, at all levels.
- Ability to translate sometimes complex policy ideas into a persuasive format for a public or political audience.
- The ability to work on your own initiative.
- Ability to influence for policy and practice change
- Highly developed networking skills.
- Computer literate, especially in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work diplomatically and professionally when working with external stakeholders.
- Experience using advocacy to deliver policy or practice change in health and social care.
- Experience of successfully managing a number of different projects at any given time, completing them to a high level of quality.
- Experience of providing strategic and tactical political and/or policy advice, including to senior management.
- Managing key external relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Running successful and impactful campaigns to influence policy / decision makers / opinion formers
- Using evidence to inform policy development.
What's on Offer
Job Offer: Circa 40k