- PHSO are currently recruiting for a Transformation Project Manager
- Great salary and package available
About Our Client
The Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman are excited to be expanding their ICT team and have some fantastic opportunities coming up, they will be looking to recruit a Test Lead, Business Analyst and in this case, they are looking to recruit a Senior Project Manager.
If you care about working for an organisation that serves and makes a difference for UK citizens and want to be a part of a team that's in the middle of transforming its technology and integral to enabling an organisation, you might have just found the perfect opportunity? You'll be joining at an exciting time as PHSO continue their digital transformation. They've got a portfolio of projects encompassing business process redesign, data, and technology refresh.
If you've previously delivered projects that involve a public facing service, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft365, and Smarter Working they'd be especially interested to talk to you.
- Lead the delivery of one or more of ICT's programmes or projects
- As a key member of the ICT, contribute to the planning and development of the team's roadmap of improvement projects. This will include networking to promote the work of the ICT across the PHSO and contributing to ICT's vision and objectives.
- Proactively manage and report on progress, taking corrective action as required to keep tasks, teams, and individuals on track and within budget
- Ensure adherence to Portfolio Management Office methodologies and standards across the programme/project to deliver new products/services to required quality standards
- Undertaking internal and external networking practices with the aim of continually enhancing and developing professional awareness, knowledge, skills, and other abilities.
- Resolve conflicts and propose workable solutions to issues as they arise. Negotiate for agreement and implement remedial action plans.
- Identify, analyse, track, and manage programme and project benefit contributions throughout the lifecycle and through to realisation
- Define communication strategies and plans, appropriate for the specific programme/project, its various stakeholders, and other audiences
- Manage communication failures and implement remedial action
- Work closely with Internal and External Communications teams to ensure effective, timely and high-quality programme/project communications across PHSO and external stakeholders as appropriate
- Manage suppliers, including contract negotiation and procurement
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent knowledge of project management techniques: including stakeholder management, RAID management, benefit management and change control
- Understanding of agile project management concepts and techniques
- Demonstrable experience in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- ITIL Service Management framework
- Ability to identify and effectively manage risks, assumptions, issues, dependencies, benefits, and change control
- Experience of managing cross-functional teams to successfully develop and implement change
- Significant experience of resource & budget forecasting and management
- Experience managing suppliers including contract negotiation and procurement
- An awareness of public administration (central government in particular) or the NHS and the context in which it operates ideal, but not essential.
- Change management methodologies and tools
- Programme management experience of complex change
- Working in a Programme or Portfolio Management Office environment
- Defining, developing, and delivering frameworks, guidance, and training to improve knowledge, skills and overall performance
What's on Offer
- Offices based in both Manchester and London
- Salary up to £53,000 (Up to £56,000 for London)
- Civil Service Pension scheme (minimum 26.6% employer contribution)
- 30-day holiday entitlement, plus 2.5 extra statutory holidays on top
- Flexitime: Core hours between 10.00-12.00 and 14.00-16.00
- Extra 2 days of Flexi-leave each month for additional hours that have been accrued
- Access to a wide variety of internal and external well-being support, 24/7 assistance programmes and health advice
PHSO is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI), and welcomes applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds. They are also a Disability Confident organisation. Further information on the EDI Strategy, Employee Networks, and participation in the Disability Confident Scheme can be found in our job pack.
Should you wish to access the Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) or require any reasonable adjustments through the process please contact the lead recruiter to discuss your needs before the advert closes.
To apply, please submit an up-to-date CV detailing your experience that best fits the essential criteria outlined above.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.