Senior Indirects Buyer
High performing team, leader in its sector.
Wide portfolio of spend in remit of the role
About Our Client
Leader in its field serving a number of key industries
The role will develop over time and you will soon take full ownership of certain sub-categories and spend, so previous experience as a budget holder of spend is required. A proactive nature and interest in your long-term career development is also important for my client to consider you as a strong candidate
Lead your own sourcing projects under the guidance of the Procurement Manager and identify new opportunities/projects to target
Work closely with key stakeholders and local sourcing teams to understand their needs and translate into sourcing strategies
Support the business's cost reduction agenda and ensure appropriate supplier management is implemented
Design and develop key procurement plans, implementing processes which will add value and provide the best commercial advantage
Take a lead role in the negotiation and management of crucial supplier contractors covering all indirect categories including HR, FM, Professional services and finance but with an emphasis on IT procurement
Manage supplier relationships and monitor supplier performance, reacting to changes in demand and customer forecasts Professionally manage internal stakeholder relationships, whilst working on critical high value and complex procurement projects
The Successful Applicant
- Min 2 years' experience in Indirect Procurement (HR, Prof Services, IT, Travel or Marketing ideal)
- Experience sourcing for goods and services in a large, fast-paced and complex business, preferably in the Retail, FMCG or Financial Services industry.
- Be a strategic thinker not an operational buyer and have experience working with senior level stakeholders, especially in an international setting
- Educated to a Degree level, a qualification or interest in studying CIPS is advantageous
- Experienced with e-sourcing and strong knowledge of P2P process
- Candidates must hold the independent right to live and work in the UK
What's on Offer
Role with a market leader keen to develop talent.