Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Doncaster - £45,000
Support across in-house and client based Infrastructure, both project and BAU.
About Our Client
Our client has seen a significant increase in business despite Covid-19 and is continuing to develop relationships supporting the healthcare industry across the UK. They're now looking to recruit for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to support them as the push to keep in-house tech up to date, while supporting external customers.
What you'll be doing..
- Provide IT infrastructure technical support to the UK & Ireland business & external customers.
- Implement, manage and support the businesses IT infrastructure: compute, storage, networking, firewalls, telephony, physical & virtual infrastructure, software & SaaS services.
- Act as a point of escalation for team members and the business for issues relating to the company's IT infrastructure.
- Become subject matter expert on the businesses IT infrastructure.
- Implement changes to, manage and support the businesses IT infrastructure: compute, storage, networking, firewalls, telephony, physical, virtual & cloud infrastructure, software & SaaS services
- Resolution of support incidents and requests within agreed SLAs.
- Support BAU & IT project delivery.
- Support the on-boarding of customers onto the clients service platforms.
- Contribute to / create installation instructions and deployment strategies, including test and validation plans.
- 2nd/3rd line logging, assessment & prioritisation of issues / incidents and problems on the IT Service Desk.
The Successful Applicant
Your skills and experience.
Strong working knowledge of the following:
- Server hardware (ideally HP / Dell
- Windows Server operating systems (2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 & 2019)
- Active Directory support and management including Group Policy
- DFS, ADFS, DHCP, DNS, IIS
- SAN Storage (ideally HP, Dell) configuration and support
- Virtualisation technologies including VMware vSphere & Hyper-V & Microsoft Azure installation and support
- Backup technologies (ideally Veeam)
- TCP/IP networking. LAN / WAN technologies inc wireless
- Experience using Enterprise software deployment e.g SCCM, SOTI, Desktop Central
- Cloud Technologies; Office 365, Microsoft Teams
- Security patching WSUS
- Enterprise Anti-Virus deployments
- Remote Desktop Services installation and support
- Citrix Xen App
- Experience installing & managing Cisco Firewalls & VPNs
- Some knowledge of cyber security operations and vulnerability tools - Nessus for example.
- MPLS networks
- Telephony, Mitel / Siemens / Asterix PBX/ SIP, ISDN, NGN platforms
- Database (MS SQL) skills desirable
- ITIL Service framework and Change Management practices
- Supporting customers in a managed service / cloud environment
- Experience of installation and support of business-critical systems
- Experience installing & managing Cisco switches
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP certification
- Microsoft MCSE certification
What's on Offer
£35,000 - £45,000 per annum