Senior Internal Auditor - Apply to Hear About Opportunities
* As lockdown lifts our job flow is increasing with new roles awaiting sign off
* This is not one specific role - please apply to hear of opportunities
About Our Client
About Michael Page:
Michael Page are a trusted recruitment company, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250, have been operating for over 40 years, have offices in over 36 countries, have a 4.9 star feefo rating and our CEO has been named one of the most highly rated in the world.
A quick note on me:
Sectors I recruit into include (but are not limited to): pharmaceutical, logistics, retail, e-commerce, technology, charities, housing associations, engineering, energy, government departments and others. I work with clients ranging from FTSE 100s to SMEs. I hold a degree from Durham University and find Internal Audit and Risk fascinating. I'd like to help as many people as possible fulfil their potential and find the perfect next role, especially in the current climate.
Financial Services & Regional roles:
- Karen O'Neil, Justine Paech and Tim Barnett look after FCA regulated businesses for Internal Audit
- Lucy Williams, Molly Griffin, Connor Matthews, and Ross Brown look after roles in The Midlands, Manchester, Bristol and Wales.
- Please do connect with them and reach out on LinkedIn.
Partner with the business across all areas including both finance and operations, acting as an independent, trusted advisor
Act as an expert in one or more key business areas, providing business insight to the team and clients on specified business processes, strategic imperatives and enterprise threatening risks.
Provide technical advice and coaching to both the business and other members of the team
Track recommendations to ensure implementation is achieved and that the remediation is effective
Understand and deploy a risk based approach to maintaining the audit universe and actively contributing to the annual plan build exercise.
Lead on audits and/or oversee the work of others
Report findings directly to key stakeholders such as CFO, local MDs and FDs, Head of Audit/Risk
Because of the broad exposure you get to the rest of the business, a role in internal audit can provide further opportunities within internal audit, core finance (FBP, FP&A, FC etc), treasury, ethics, legal, risk, strategic planning, transaction services, M&A and many more…
The Successful Applicant
- Typically candidates have experience within: internal audit or external audit from an accounting firm such as the Big 4 or Top 20, a specialist internal audit/ risk consultancy firm, external audit within the NAO, or through the operational internal audit/ risk route
- Desired qualifications include: ACA (CA), ACCA, CIA, PIA, IRM
- Character traits typically include being; naturally inquisitive, customer focused, strategic, risk aware, driven, and keen to work as a trusted advisor / business partner
- You will have excellent communication skills (written and oral), effective time management skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- These roles require being both a team player and autonomous so you must have the ability to work on your own and as part of a team
What's on Offer
- This is not an advert for a specific, live, job but instead a space to register your interest in Internal Audit opportunities.
- If you would like to follow up your application with a call/email/Linked-In message please do.
- It is likely that most roles will allow you to work from home 2-3 days per week in future from what I am hearing from clients.