Senior Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Audit opportunity
Established Audit function
About Our Client
Sellafield Ltd is a global centre for nuclear engineering management. They have pioneered the harnessing of nuclear power to generate electricity for the country. Now they continue to set international standards in high-hazard reduction and are at the forefront of the industry. Joining Sellafield means working alongside experienced professionals and experts across business units. The embedded culture of continuous improvement is underpinned by the organisation's commitment to professional and personal development and this is unparralleled. This role is primarily based in Warrington with some travel to the active Sellafield site in Cumbria.
As Senior Internal Auditor for Sellafield, you will:-
- Lead on internal audit reviews, to provide assurance on the adequacy of internal controls and risk management
- Conduct ad hoc reviews / investigations as required in order to prevent and detect fraud, bribery and corruption
- Lead and support risk and control awareness training in the business through workshops/ training sessions
- Provide supervision to more junior members of the Internal Audit team
- Identify commercial and practical solutions to control issues before making recommendations and reporting back to the business.
- Monitor and encourage the implementation of recommendations arising from reviews
- Participate in the development of the Annual Internal Audit plan and proactively identify potential areas for further review within the business throughout the year
- Build constructive and effective relationships with the business
- Take responsibility for own personal development and agree development opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Senior Internal Auditor will:-
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant subject
- Hold a professional Qualification (Chartered Accountant (ACA) or Chartered Auditor (CIA)
- Have 5 years + post qualified relevant audit experience
Professional audit experience in programme and project management is desirable, as well as experience in undertaking forensic audits and investigations
What's on Offer
An extremely competitive package is on offer for the right person