Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
An opportunity to join a global, enterprise business as part of their IT team.
A senior 3rd line position encompassing both BAU and project duties.
About Our Client
- Michael Page are proud to be representing a global retail business that are bucking the trend within their industry by continuing to grow, and outstripping their competition.
- This growth is largely a result of their unrivalled brand presence, and also a unique ability to adapt to a changing market; an example of this has been their adaptation to the digital world, which has garnered huge success.
- Due to their growth, their IT function is expanding following continued investment, as the business look to place IT at the very forefront of their vision.
- As a result, they are now recruiting for a talented Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer position at their central Birmingham headquarters.
- As the Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer, you will have a range of responsibilities, with the central focus being proactive maintenance, monitoring and project work around the company's large scale server environment.
- This will be a mixed environment of Windows, Linux and AS400 servers, and from a virtualisation standpoint, you will be working within a VMware environment.
- You will also take responsibility for the management of DHCP and DNS, in addition to taking senior-level duties for the in-house VoIP infrastructure.
- You will be involved in capacity planning, and providing 3rd line support to the company's internal employee base, acting as a subject matter expert within the business, for both the organisation's corporate and retail systems.
- As part of this role, you will be required to be on call on a rotation basis. This will work 1 week in 7, and operate on a 24/7 basis, but the vast majority of any work required will be done remotely.
The Successful Applicant
As the successful candidate for the Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer position, you will be highly skilled in the following, from both a BAU and project perspective:
- Windows Server 2012 / 2016.
- Active Directory.
- DHCP / DNS / WINS.
What's on Offer
£45,000 - £50,000 + corporate benefits.