Senior IT Network Engineer
Working for a market-leading, multi-billion pound global enterprise business.
Part of a high-calibre senior Infrastructure function, as the Networking lead.
About Our Client
- Michael Page are proud to be representing a global business that are a genuine market-leader in their industry, and have continued to grow, making significant strides against their competition.
- This growth is largely a result of their unrivalled brand presence, and also a unique ability to adapt to a changing market; an example of this has been their adaption to the digital world, which has garnered huge success.
- Due to their growth, their IT function is expanding following continued investment, as the business look to place IT at the very forefront of their vision.
- As a result, they are now recruiting for a talented Senior IT Network Engineer position at their central Birmingham headquarters.
- As the Senior IT Network Engineer, you will work as part of a talented senior-level Infrastructure team, and be responsible for exciting project-based design and deployment of functional networks, including LAN, WLAN and cloud.
- You will configure, manage and support the server and end user switch environment, which is principally Cisco-based, as well as monitor, support and manage Juniper, Fortinet and Cisco firewalls.
- You will have both BAU support and high-level strategic responsibilities, and suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability.
- In addition, you will monitor corporate and retail network performance and integrity utilizing tools such as SolarWinds and PRTG Network systems.
- Network security will be another key part of the role, and you will work with SIEM tools, AlientVault, and Managed IDS / IPS.
- Documentation will be key, and you will maintain complete technical documentation, maintenance of Site Database, connections and site information, working with Developers and the Business Systems Manager to define, document and review the technical scope and objectives of changes.
- You will perform vulnerability management, and regular penetration testing maintaining PCI & SOX compliance across the group.
The Successful Applicant
As the successful candidate for the Senior IT Network Engineer vacancy, you will be experienced in:
- Server and networking hardening principals, and PCI standards and requirements.
Configuration and installation of Cisco ASA Firewalls, Cisco ASR and security appliances, as well as Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
Configuration and installation of Radius Servers, RSA, or other 2Factor authentication solutions.
Maintenance of company-wide network, WAN, MPLS, through Juniper, Cisco, and ideally, Fortinet Firewalls, as well as FortiManager and/or FortiAuthenticator.
Networking monitoring solutions, such as SolarWinds, or PRTG.
Security methodologies, particularly with SOX and PCI frameworks.
Internet of Things and its workings, such as DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, DMVPN, HSRP, BGP, EIGRP.
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £55,000 + corporate benefits.