- Government Transformation
- IT Strategic Sourcing
About Our Client
The client is a niche Government organsation going through a transformation period.
- Manage the end-to-end end procurement of contracts, from scope identification, early market engagement to procurement and contract execution
- Ensure the Authority conducts procurement activities in a way which results in successful delivery of high value/complex procurements in line with best practices, procurement legislation, and are recorded in comprehensive and accurate audit trails
- Provide expert advise to the Data and Digital team on the digital and ICT market and work collaboratively with them to agree best value approaches to meet their procurement requirements, varying from major multi-year high value service requirements, through to tactical and urgent 'one off' requirements
- Support effective management of complex agreements to ensure contractual performance measures are met, with risks and opportunities arising from procurement assurance work appropriately identified and addressed
- Responsible for day-to-day management of technical services, processes and deliverables, including contributing to the development and implementation of the Authority's Procurement Policy and Procurement Code, to ensure contracts required by the Programme are sourced, negotiated and executed in a timely and legally compliant manner, whilst delivering value for money
- Provides specialist advice informing the work and decisions of peers/ junior colleagues
- Directly work with external stakeholders undertaking complex decision making to meet stakeholder needs, including liaising with external suppliers to negotiate contracts based on service, delivery and price
- Lead and develop effective business partner relationships with programme delivery and support functions, particularly the Data and Digital team, at all levels including championing the role of procurement within the Delivery Authority, particularly with key departmental stakeholders to enable early engagement in departmental initiatives with a procurement or wider commercial angle
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- MCIPS Qualified
- Experience utilising Government Procurement Frameworks, specifically GCloud and DOS
- Specialist knowledge of IT supplier market
- OJEU and PCR 2015 expertise
- Experience in large Government transformation programmes, and high value supplier contracts
- Experience managing supplier relationships and commercial management of contracts
What's on Offer
The role on offer is on a remote basis currently, with sporadic requirements to attend the office based near Millbank. Great salary and benefits package on offer.
The project being undertaken is of significant cultural importance, as well as being a once in a lifetime programme to be part of.