- This is a superb opportunity to join the Government Property Agency's IT team.
- You'll join a growing organisation to evolve a world-class IT Service function.
About Our Client
The Government Property Agency is helping transform the way the Civil Service works and reshaping the relationship civil servants have with their place of work. The GPA is a new organisation within Government, created in 2018 and is in many ways a start up. This means although it is a Government Department, many of the systems, processes, ways of working are still being set up.
The majority of the senior team have being recruited last year in Birmingham. The tech team is small (17 FTE currently) expected to grow to circa 30 this year and uses partners for a lot of delivery. The budget per annum is circa £14m, but expected to grow to circa £30m in the next few years.
- As the Senior IT Service Manager, you will report directly into the Head of IT Service, and effectively act as 'second-in-command' of the Government Property Agency's IT Service Delivery function.
- You will work with the Head of IT Service to recruit, lead and manage Service Management team members, covering areas such as Asset Management, Service Analysis and System Administration, as well as any future roles and teams deemed necessary.
- You will take responsibility for Service Management across platforms, multiple channels and services to ensure service availability, performance and process maturity.
- Variety will be a key marker of the position, and the role will encompass areas across Asset and Configuration Management, Continual Service Improvement, and Relationship Management of internal stakeholders and external suppliers, all with the goal of delivering an exceptional service to the GPA's userbase.
- The role will have both operational and strategic responsibilities, and you will focus on the delivery of outstanding IT Service day-to-day, whilst working closely with leadership to contribute to the development of the organisation's long-term vision for Technology.
- Given that a core focus of the GPA's Technology function is driving the evolution of hybrid and dynamic working across the Civil Service, this role will also come with extensive remote-working flexibility. The leadership team are largely Midlands based, and the organisation will have a fantastic, state-of-the-art hub in central Birmingham, but the role will have the freedom to work from anywhere.
The Successful Applicant
As the successful candidate for the Senior IT Service Manager vacancy, you will be highly-experienced in the following areas:
- ITSM - a minimum of 5 years experience within an established IT Service Management position, leading a team.
- Vendor Management - you will have strong ability in developing relationships with 3rd party suppliers.
- Technical - you will possess strong technical knowledge of concepts key to IT Service Delivery.
- Strategic - you will be able to see the bigger picture, and provide guidance to leadership.
- ITIL - you will hold relevant, up-to-date and industry-related certifications.
What's on Offer
The salary range is circa £50,000 - £60,000 and you will also be rewarded with the Central Government Pension Scheme.
When reviewing your application we will be using the experience element of the framework to assess your career history and achievements. We're looking for examples of things you have previously achieved or your knowledge in a particular field which are relevant to the role.