Senior IT Technician
Server Administration, Troubleshooting, Projects, IT Support
Hardware support, ITIL
About Our Client
A young, dynamic and fast-growing analytics organisation spanning three countries across the globe. This organisation provide optimisation solutions and data-driven analytics on European and Global energy markets that helps our clients navigate the global energy transformation. Research is at the heart of this business and the business is set up and ran by some of the smartest minds in the UK.
* Perform ticket-based user support tasks including, end-user troubleshooting, laptop
repair, system support and on/off boarding tasks. Tickets are shared between the IT
team and support all users in the UK, Germany and Australia
* Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security
permission reporting, version control, researching event log warnings and errors,
resource monitoring and troubleshooting software and hardware errors.
* Lead on troubleshooting issues and outages with the IT team and stakeholders to assist
in troubleshooting, identifying the root cause, providing technical support and
participating in incident management and change reporting.
* Manage, deploy and configure upgrades, software updates, security patches and other
necessary items on an as-needed basis.
* Work and maintain relationships with external suppliers and warranty providers
* Perform routine/scheduled audits and testing of systems, including all backups and
disaster recovery tools.
* Follow consistent security practices and identify where improvements are required.
Report on and escalate security concerns to the IT Manager and work closely with the
IT Team to promote a security minded culture.
* Flexible to work outside of normal hours in emergencies and planned out-of-hours
* Develop compliance activities as needed, including data log collection, statistical
analysis and proper reporting standards.
* Provide regular reporting capabilities to the IT manager and wider business to
communicate projects status, activities, and achievements.
* Collaborate with the IT manager and other personnel to improve existing processes,
increase automation and meet wider project goals.
The Successful Applicant
* 2+ years' experience in the IT field as an IT Technician, Systems Administrator, Helpdesk
Analyst or similar role.
* Experience with server operating systems (Windows Server 2012 - 2019); current
equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system
performance-monitoring tools, and cloud-based infrastructure (Azure, Intune, AWS)
* Experience with networks (LAN, WAN, VoIP), DNS & DHCP, patch management, VPN
services, switches and firewalls
* Experience in user support and troubleshooting, ideally having worked with a ticketing
system in a Windows 10 environment
* Experience in project management, application management and integration, and
* Reporting and analytical skills, making use of the Microsoft Office Suite to present and
* Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* An ability to identify weaknesses in current processes and documentation and improve
* Microsoft or Cisco and project management certifications would be an advantage
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and a chance to work in an organisation that's leading the way in their market.