- Remote Working
- Career Progression
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest software consultancy firms in the world, with over 10,000 employees worldwide you with be joining a truly established company. They are a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. You'll be joining a passionate, professional and highly skilled team of architects and engineers who specialise in building and integrating custom software solutions at enterprise scale.
You'll be joining a passionate, professional and highly skilled team of engineers who specialise in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale. Innovation in delivery is always at the forefront of their minds, which is why they utilise a variety of Open Source and proprietary technologies to achieve the best possible outcome for the client.They have a world class software engineering community; they invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject.
You will be a senior member of the engineering team bringing a mix of architecture skills, leadership as well as hands on development. As a hands on technologist we would expect you to be at least 70% hands on delivery. You will be designing and developing some of the most innovative software solutions available for their clients. This will include development of both client and server side software following recognised standards and patterns. With a demonstrable Agile mind-set, demonstrable technical leadership, you'll have ample opportunity to illustrate your love of development and passion for technology. Your main area of expertise will be in Java and JVM related technologies but you will also bring to the table other related experience.
- Work as part of Agile teams of developers, analysts and testers to successfully deliver business and supporting solutions for our clients.
- Shape solutions & define architecture.
- Work on some of the most bleeding edge Digital / Cloud-based architectures in development today
- Use your wide range of skills such as an architect, technical lead, designer and developer on delivery engagements for clients with responsibility for the specification, development and leadership of implementation of complex multi-tier Applications
- Enhance existing applications due to changing customer needs and requirements
- Provide technical support for transition of the application into live service and support
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Excellent knowledge of Java and core open source technologies and frameworks; experience of building scalable, resilient applications
- Experience of the core XP practices of TDD, Pair Programming, and Continuous Integration
- Demonstrable experience in one or more technology stacks, e.g. Spring (e.g. Core, MVC, Data, Boot/Cloud), Integration Technologies (Spring Integration, Apache Camel, REST, Messaging), Spring Framework 5 (preferably with experience of Spring Boot, Spring Integration, Spring Batch, Hystrix)
- Experience of Websphere (or experience with alternative JEE App servers e.g. JBoss, Glassfish)
- Hands on development experience with hibernate, quartz and bootstrap technologies and Microsoft SQL Server
- Successfully delivering performant, scalable and long-transactional digital services in complex and highly regulatory environments
- Java 8 and dependency injection, building asynchronous microservices with RESTful APIs
- Automated testing with Junit and Mockito
- Designing microservice-based architectures using domain driven design (DDD) , CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns
- Containerisation technologies: Docker or Kubernetes
- JIRA / Confluence
What's on Offer
The successful Java Software Developer will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary £50,000 - £70,000
- Car Allowance
- Remote Working
- Company Health-care
- New Laptop + Mobile
Plus, a lot more click apply below to find out more of this superb opportunity!