- Great place to work within a busy in-house legal team
- Globally recognized brand for innovative and market leading products
About Our Client
Our client is creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all they are hugely passionate about what they do. Our client also offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market...their inventiveness and attention to excellence in everything they do and extends into all of their business areas...including legal!
This role is to act as a senior in-house commercial contracts lawyer as part of an active and engaged team committed to enabling continued commercial success.
- Build strong relationships with Group functions, including Procurement, IT, Finance and Research, Design and Development;
- Provide expert, ethical and pragmatic advice and support on commercial and contract issues across the business, helping the business navigate complex issues with an output and delivery focus;
- Provide support on commercial contract issues across the business, with a particular emphasis on procurement;
- Draft and negotiate contracts with suppliers and customers;
- Support tender processes across the business, particularly in IT and on capital equipment projects;
- Provide input into contract control processes and reviewing and maintaining precedent documents;
- Deliver relevant legal training programmes;
- maintain an up to date and comprehensive knowledge of developments in the relevant areas of law, disseminating the information to peers and the business accordingly; and
- Handle contract disputes with third parties when they arise.
The Successful Applicant
To succeed in this role you must:
- Have good in-house exposure supporting g and building close relationships with a variety of business areas such as IT, Procurement, Finance, Marketing and HR.
- Have extensive commercial contracts experience
- Experience within innovative manufacturing environment would be an advantage
- Be a strong relationship builder and show good adaptability to business needs
- Have excellent prioritising skills
- Be a team player as well as the ability to work independently and autonomously
- Must be able to go to Malmesbury 2-3 times per week. Alternating weeks preferred (E.G Week 1, 3 days a week in the office/ Week 2, 2 days a week in office/ Week 4, 3 days a week in the office and so on...)
What's on Offer
- Good salary (day rates inside IR35 will also be considered)
- Really interesting workload in an interesting business
- Great duration role to get fully embedded into the business