Senior Legal Counsel
Work for a British headquatered company with a global brand
Variety of legal in-house work.
About Our Client
A global organisation that is headquartered in the UK. They have been established for over 50 years and this role would be joining an excellent existing legal team.
For this senior legal counsel role you would have the following day to day duties / responsibilities:
- You will be an important member of the legal and compliance team, to work directly with the General Counsel to provide overall support and consultancy to other departments within the business in connection with day-to-day operations and decision-making process.
- You will be supporting the commercial business by providing advice on a variety of legal and compliance related matters, as well as drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of contracts, communications with suppliers and customers, authorities and other stakeholders.
- Practice areas will primarily be focusing on commercial contracts, but will also involve general corporate governance, employment, intellectual property and dispute resolutions with the assistance of external counsel.
- Support drafting and reviewing of official corporate policies of the company and various business units.
- Collaborate with the management team to structure legal and compliance program across multiple jurisdictions with other global subsidiaries.
- Develop informational and educational programs and provide training to promote local best practice.
- Correspondence with external counsel and authorities.
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications and Experience required for a senior legal counsel:
- English-qualified solicitor with at least 7 years' PQE.
- Have acquired good knowledge of laws in the fields of contract, commercial transactions and negotiation processes for both domestic and cross-border transactions.
- Excellent communication/relationship building skills with an ability to influence at all levels both internally and externally.
- Well organised and efficient with an ability to multitask.
- Autonomous, structured working method.
- Detail and result oriented.
- We are looking for a self-starter with a 'can do' attitude and a strong sense of ownership.
- Experience in an international environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience in commercial contracts and licensing is strongly preferred.
- Experience as an in-house lawyer within a corporate group is strongly preferred.
- Experience in the automotive industry is preferred.
What's on Offer
Excellent package and remuneration