- New and exciting role in a small team
- Opportunity to work on high profile projects
About Our Client
Our client is a well known and established utilities company based in Berkshire who are in the process of planning nationally concerned infrastructure projects.
Providing legal advice in relation to the development of a variety of commerical opportunities.
Managing legal services from external law firms where neccessary.
Escalating and reporting matters to Head of Legal, Infrastructure Manager, and Senior Management.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of providing projects and commercial legal advice within a regulated environment and within agreed budgetary and timing constraints.
- IT skills: Proficcient with Office Products
- Line management experience with a proven aptitude of effectively managing and working well within a team.
- Experience in the management and supervision of external legal providers from a performance/budgetary perspective.
- Interpersonal skills: a resilient self-starter and team player with the confidence to operate in a rapidly changing, challenging and fast paced environment at management level.
- Must demonstrate:
- Experience of project delivery and working with external law firms;
- Manage issues in short and medium term, and ability to relate to longer term goals;
- Ability to work closely with external law firms and be trusted to become an integral part of the team;
- Sound, senior experience as a commercial/projects lawyer working on major projects, developments and/or transactional experience;
- Commercial acumen and awareness of internal and external impacts;
- Construction, projects and commercial law experience in the negotiation of a wide range of commercial agreements and contracts;
- Experience of risk management and legal compliance reporting, including managing and reporting material and commercial risks;
- Ability to robustly contract manage supplier output and performance to ensure intended business benefits and efficiencies are realised; and
- Ability to engage teams (both within and outside the Thames Water and Legal department).
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package.