- PageGroup are hiring a Senior Legal Manager for our established Legal Team
- General Commercial in house role with a Global, FTSE 250 business
About Our Client
PageGroup is a FTSE 250 listed business and one of the oldest and most successful global staffing agencies.
You will be member of the Legal Department (UK, NAM and MEA) reporting directly to the Regional Legal Director. The responsibilities with this role include but are not limited to:
- Contract Review and Drafting - reviewing, drafting, and negotiating Preferred Supplier Agreements and other contracts with clients and suppliers in line with business requirements and company policies. Drafting and reviewing standard terms of business for use with clients, candidates and suppliers.
- GDPR & Data Protection implementation (UK & MEA) - provide generalist legal advice on GDPR, specific issues, assisting with clients' questionnaires and variations. Assisting with the oversee implementation of compliance with data protection legislation in NAM, South Africa and the Middle East.
- Employment Claims Management - carrying out claims' investigations, preparing responses, liaise with external counsel and participating in litigation process.
- Assisting other internal departments with their legal queries: Accounts and Debt Litigation, Payroll, Compliance, DPO, Company Secretary, Marketing, InfoTech, Procurement, HR.
- Pro-actively handling incoming queries from the business on legal and contract issues and disputes.
- Researching legal and regulatory issues which arise from time to time and participate in training provided to PageGroup staff on legal and regulatory issues.
- Draft, co-ordinate and negotiate multi-jurisdiction contracts, liaising locally as required, and with other legal teams across the Group.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be likely to have at least 5 years in an in-house environment and will:
- have excellent knowledge of contract, employment, and commercial law, with demonstrable experience of contract negotiation and business judgement.
- prior leadership experience, broad practical experience in commercial and corporate matters, solid knowledge of contracts and tenders.
- be hard working, well organised and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure, able to work as part of an international team.
- have excellent written and oral communication skills - in particular being able to articulate legal/contract issues in plain English.
- be fluent in another European language (French, Spanish, or German a plus)
What's on Offer
For further information about the salary, car allowance bonus and benefits please contact the instructed Consultant, David Taylor of Michael Page Legal or apply directly to this advert.