Senior Management Accountant
Join a well known and hugely respected construction business in Surrey
Preparation of group management accounts, budgeting and forecasting
About Our Client
Our client was originally formed as an engineering contractor in the late 70's. Since then the company has grown from operating in the London commercial market, to become a trusted contractor that provides construction, engineering, demolition and rail services across the country. With the goal of being the very best in their field, customers trust in our client to deliver variety of projects on time, safely and within budget, and with care for our communities and the environment.
- Monthly Group accounts pack includes preparation of reports which can be used by internal and external users to monitor business performance, identify problem areas and trends within the business.
- Further develop the Adaptive forecasting software to make the quarterly forecasting and budget process more streamlined, more integrated with user's processes and use the functionality of system to develop better reports.
- Monitor cash in short and medium term to identify requirements and surplus capacity so optimum use can be made of cash. Identify areas where cash is being locked up and report to management for action.
- Review Strategic Plans and forecasts to ensure the financial reports are aligned with plans and markets forecasts.
- Work with Group FA/FM's to assist with preparing information for statutory accounts and tax computations.
- Ensure timely submission & payment of Group Tax returns (Excluding CT).
- Prepare Group Services budget for approval and report on this monthly to be included in the Group management pack.
- Preparation of Group Monthly Management Accounts. Consolidation of 15 different business units
- Production and review of Group annual budget
- Management of Group services reporting.
- Administration of Group Banking Arrangements
- Production and review of quarterly forecasts.
- Consolidation of Group VAT and PAYE returns and payments
- Ensure completion of External statistics forms and CITB Levy return.
- Adhoc reporting as required by Group FD
- Manage Group Treasury
- Consolidate Daily Cash and circulate by deadline.
- Ownership of Group 13 week Cash Forecast
- Review all Variances
The Successful Applicant
- The person must be a qualified accountant with a good academic background. They must have experience in similar role or good experience from a major accountancy firm. You will need to have some exposure to reporting standards including FRS102.
- They need to have good excel skills and good knowledge and capability with different software packages. (COINs and Adaptive Forecasting would be ideal, but not necessary).
- They should be very analytical, with good communication skills and the ability to work well with other people.
What's on Offer
£55,000 - £67,000