- Fast-growth, high potential listed company
- Opportunity to get into the renewable energy/construction sector
About Our Client
My client is a global, listed leader in providing renewable energy solutions. They also provide B-2-B waste management services to companies seeking solutions to reduce their carbon footprint. Now looking to expand rapidly across Europe, they are looking for a talented finance professional to support their UK office.
Based in central London, further information available on request.
Taking on the ownership for a purpose built BU, this Senior Management Accountant role will take on a European remit, reporting directly to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for:
- Involvement in the preparation of management accounts and other management information for business units both operational and those under construction.
- Compile and analyse financial information necessary to complete the month-end accounting close including preparation, input, and validation of journal entries including payroll and accruals.
- Prepare balance sheet account analyses and reconciliations to supporting documentation for all the UK/Europe entities, while investigating and resolving reconciling items timely.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Support the accounting entries/equity pick up for consolidation of these UK/European into the overall results
- Support the review of quarterly derivative valuation and assist in the posting of the quarterly movements, understanding IFRS vs US GAAP valuation adjustments
- Interact with auditors and assist with the preparation and documentation to support both internal and external audits.
- Preparation of VAT returns for the various entities.
- Support the preparation of the corporation tax returns for various entities.
- Work with AP team to help raise Purchase Orders, AP vouchers, coordinating & checking registration on PeopleSoft (VAT/expense) and liaising with Treasury regarding vendor payment queries.
- Work with AR team for monthly revenue reconciliation
- Ad hoc projects/tasks as required
Further detail available on request
The Successful Applicant
The successful Senior Management Accountant will have the following credentials:ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified candidate
- Bachelors Degree
- Ideally 2-3 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience within the energy/utilities/construction sector desirable
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified candidate
- PeopleSoft or similar ERP experience
- Proficient with Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven track record for driving process efficiencies and problem solving
What's on Offer
Basic salary of between £60,000 to £65,000 + bonus & benefits