- Large, international accountancy firm.
- Strong work/life balance ethos.
About Our Client
This large accountancy firm is now the largest provider of audit services to listed entities.
The firm is subject to a number of external regulator reviews on a continuing basis from the FRC (AQR), QAD and PCAOB. The central regulator team provide support to audit teams undergoing this process in order to help them to navigate the requirements and respond to the regulator in relation to informal verbal queries, written formal queries and issues arising from file reviews.The suitable individual will spend time working with audit teams as soon as they are selected for review to get into the detail of the file and help advise on responding to informal verbal queries as the review progresses. This will develop to helping draft responses to formal written queries, context documents noting audit approach and specific actions to address the points raised.Other aspects to the role will include:
- Assisting with regulator communications to the audit teams including both verbal on calls or written in newsletters
- Collating examples of issues and good practice to share with the audit stream
- Taking part in root cause analysis investigations to help identify issues arising
- Undertaking ad hoc projects on behalf of audit advisory in the creation and development of audit guidance.
The Successful Applicant
The person in question will have an excellent understanding of auditing theory and practice and be able to challenge and advise teams on audit approach and discuss the most appropriate responses to questions posed by the regulator.
They will ideally have had audit experience on listed or other public interest entities.
The individual will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing. This will include being able to converse with individuals of all levels both internal to the firm and members of the regulator.
Qualifications and technical knowledge
- ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification
- Considers themselves an expert with regards to the UK auditing standards
- As this role will involve training and coaching peers and will involve reviews of audit files for quality control and testing purposes, experience as audit manager is essential
- Wide-ranging practical experience regarding application of ISAs and audit methodology is essential; experience in IT auditing techniques would be an added advantage
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small team and able to use own initiative
- High attention to detail
- Experience of training design, development and delivery
- Strong problem solving skills
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work
What's on Offer
- Highly competitive starting salary
- 25 days' holiday
- Access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions
- Life assurance cover
- Income protection insurance
- A range of voluntary benefits