Senior Manager - Consultancy IFRS17 Insurance Advisory
We are looking for IFRS 17 Advisory specialists for our Insurance clients
Top tier consultancy are looking to hire IFRS 17 Insurance advisory specialists
About Our Client
Top Tier consultancy with offices based in the City.
The Insurance Finance Consulting team advises leading Insurance groups on a wide variety of strategy-led, regulatory and general operational improvement programmes. In particular, our clients are looking for ways to meet the current regulatory and reporting challenges through the transformation of Finance, Actuarial and Risk functions. They are searching for insightful solutions to address process, systems and data challenges.
You would be expected to primarily work on client engagements, taking lead roles on Finance change initiatives (delivery); you will also spend time developing solution propositions.
You will be responsible for
- Acting as a Finance function change subject matter expert when advising clients especially around IFRS 17 requirements;
- Successfully managing complex projects across multiple teams;
- Contributing to our continued thought leadership around Finance function strategy, operating models, processes, policies, governance, reporting, data and systems
- Supporting business development activities, leveraging our strong existing client relationships, multi-disciplined colleagues and intellectual collateral to develop additional opportunities;
This role will be mainly client-based, developing teams and leading/ supporting transformational work and change engagements as well as some business development responsibilities.
- Delivering finance reporting aspects of a Finance Transformation change project
- Contributing to our continued thought leadership to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed for clients
- It is likely that your work will be part of wider transformational programmes and hence exposure to other finance and non-finance processes is desirable
- Building relationships with key Insurance clients
- Identifying client needs and proposing solutions to them
- Leading the delivery of projects
- Developing the careers of the teams working with and reporting to you
Joining our team as a Senior Manager, we would expect you to have considerable experience of leading large change projects, preferably within an Insurance, Financial Services or major blue chip or consulting environment.
You will have been supporting decision making at a senior level (CFO level) and be able to demonstrate a track record of implementation success, achieving savings and overcoming various challenges. Significant Insurance sector experience is essential but candidates will also be given credit for experience outside of Insurance where skills and experience are directly transferable.
The Successful Applicant
- Candidates will need prior consultancy experience and preferably within an advisory capacity having worked with either Insurance or financial services clients.
- Degree level with additional qualifications such as ACA/ACCA/CIMA/MBA;
- Experience in Solvency II, Basel II, IFRS for Financial Services, MCEV, FDG regulatory or other relevant regulatory requirements; (IFRS 17 ideal)
- Experience of leading Finance change projects in one or more of the following areas: Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting, Financial Consolidation and Group Reporting, Management Reporting and Analysis, Profitability and Cost Management and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) / Balanced Scorecard definition;
- Understanding of finance operating models and in particularly how finance functions deliver reporting and management information processes;
- Demonstrated ability to advise senior management on alternative solutions and risks with experience of presenting and influencing at a senior level;
What's on Offer
Basic Salary £80,000 - £100,000 plus full benefits package.
Pension, Competitive bonus, Flex working, PMI and many other benefits.