Senior Manager Export Control and Sanctions
Export Controls role
Global brand based in the heart of Birmingham
About Our Client
Global business based in Birmingham.
Specifically, Risk, Compliance and Assurance helps the business succeed by providing an independent view to senior management and the Board that the controls the business relies on are working and effective. The improvements we identify help to ensure it complies with the letter and spirit of the legal and regulatory regimes in which the company operates, meets its objectives, delivers on its promise and lives its values, thereby enabling the business to better serve its customers and grow its business.
The role of Compliance is to ensure that the company conducts its business in full compliance with all applicable national and international laws and regulations, as well as internal codes of conduct, policies, standards and procedures. The Senior Manager Export Control & Sanctions will deliver a comprehensive risk based export control and sanctions compliance programme and ongoing monitoring to ensure it remains compliant, calling out risks and concerns regarding the effectiveness of the appropriate controls and areas for improvement. They will provide compliance advice and assessments to the Senior Manager, ABC, CIT & Sanctions, FS Compliance and RCA Compliance Director, regarding the effectiveness of the appropriate controls and areas for improvement.
Scope of role covers regulations and legislation including:
- Export controls - including controlled goods, services and technology
- Trade restrictions and sanctions
Key accountabilities include:
- Identification, measurement and assessment of compliance obligations and possible risk areas;
- Design, monitor, test and report on effectiveness of controls via a programme of robust assurance and awareness activity;
- Resolution of compliance issues - in collaboration with Group or CFU colleagues;
- Providing subject matter expert advice and guidance on the application of rules and controls and keeping up to date as legislation and best practice develops:
- Input to the various management fora across the CFUs and attendance at assigned sessions with management:
Develop and deliver a communications plan for export control and sanctions.
The Successful Applicant
- Holds a relevant legal, audit, or risk and compliance professional certification; or has at least 5 years experience operating at a senior level in an export control and sanctions compliance environment.
- Experience in design, implementation and continuous improvement of compliance management frameworks and tools in a similar large, complex organisations;
- Strong verbal (Exec level presentations) and written communication skills: must be able to convey compliance review findings and similar matters in a way that is impactful and succinct to business audiences at all levels;
- Strong commercial awareness with an understanding of the value drivers of the business:
- Well developed programme management skills and ability to lead and manage specialist resources.
What's on Offer
Up to £90,000 plus car allowance + benefits.
Suucessful applicant will be expected to be in the Birmingham office 2-3 days a week when normality returns.