Senior Manager External Audit
An experienced External Auditor looking to take the next step in their career
Work with a range of clients and have the autononmy to oversee the entire audit
About Our Client
A Senior Manager External Audit is joining a leading Business and Professional Services firm based in Cardiff and working with the best audit professionals in South Wales. You'll be liaising with clients ranging from local businesses to multi-nationals.
The key responsibilities of a Senior Manager External Audit working for a leading Accountancy firm will be:
* Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
* Be involved in the financial management of clients
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
* Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
* Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
* Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
* Train, coach, and supervise staff
* Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
* Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
* A portfolio of external audit clients where you will be responsible for the day to day management, client liaison and technical issues management.
* Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients of the firm, understanding opportunities to assist with their issues.
* Reporting directly to the Audit Partner and Director and having a number of direct team members report to you.
* Responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members reporting directly into you taking responsibility for the career development of others.
* Assisting with managing the staffing of the job, the financial performance and ensuring that key deadlines are met.
* Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations.
* We are able to offer some flexibility in the role around those of the other managers on the team and can ensure that the role is suitable to your particular strengths.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Senior Manager External Audit working for a leading Accountancy firm will have/be:
* Be ACA or similarly qualified
* Have experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
* Have flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
* Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
* Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
* Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
* You will have experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships. Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102) and international standards on auditing would be required
What's on Offer
Highly competitive base salary
Market leading package - great bonus and benefits
Great office location
Well established, supportive team