- An opportunity for someone who understands youth marketing to make a difference
- Take prospective students on an engaging journey using your creativity
About Our Client
Middlesex University is a global university with our UK base in Hendon, North London and campuses in both Dubai and Mauritius.
They are passionate about making high quality education accessible to all, transforming outcomes for individuals, communities and organisations in the process. Their learning community has a practice-oriented approach to the way they education, undertake research and engage with society.
They pride themselves in how they work in partnership with students, with each other and with external organisations, bringing people together to create solutions to complex problems.
The Senior Marketing & Engagement Manager will lead on the development of end-to-end communications planning from the students' point of enquiry to their on-boarding. These segmented communication plans will support increases in the conversion rate from prospective students to applicants, and then from applicants to enrolled students.
The Senior Marketing & Engagement Manager will oversee the development of frameworks to ensure not just central communication with prospective students, but also support academic departments with their two way engagement with prospective students, as part of consistent journeys.
- Developing and driving a university and faculty strategic approach to end-to-end prospective student communications taking into consideration agreed subject priorities and ensuring success in terms of conversion of enquirers (leads) to applicants, and applicants to enrolled students, peer to peer engagement and growth in income and reputation in terms of student recruitment.
- Ensuring the development and delivery of frameworks which build on Middlesex's current customer journeys, and bring together planning and delivery of communications across all outbound channels for engagement including email, telephone and SMS.
- Leading on best practice in email marketing, ensuring this is embedded within prospective student journeys/nurture tracks and is understood by broader stakeholders involved in engagement.
- Overseeing the implementation of audience segmentation in all central communications and engagement, including lead scoring, to ensure prospective students undertake personalised journeys shaped by their previous interactions, experiences and potential.
- Ensuring brand messaging and tone of voice is compelling and consistent across all communications to ensure reputation and impact is maximised and that all communications are accurate and compliant with competition and marketing authority (CMA) guidance.
- Be responsible a large marketing budget primarily for use of student ambassadors, ensuring appropriate allocation in line with objectives and university priorities.
- Lead a team of 8 people including customer relationship managers, conversions managers officers and co-coordinators.
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience (e.g. leading communication/engagement activity at a senior level in a complex organisation)
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships internally at all levels of the business, with excellent communication, listening, influencing, negotiating and diplomacy skills
- Demonstrable organisational and project management skills
- Proven ability to deliver under significant pressure and to tight timeframes evidencing agility in delivery
- Proven experience of developing and executing large scale communication and engagement plans which achieved measurable results
- Experience in working with CRM and email marketing platforms and developing nurture tracks
- Experience in segmentation work in relation to communications and the targeting of activities around personas Strong commercial acumen with the ability to make decisions based on robust data and insight
- Excellent copywriting and content development skills with strong attention to detail
- Budget management experience with a focus on value for money/return on investment
- Line management experience and ability to lead and motivate a team, and across teams, in a matrix structure, maximising efficiency in a constantly evolving environment.
- Experience of working in the Higher Education sector or marketing to prospective students/similar customer group.
What's on Offer
Middlesex University is based in Hendon.
This role will be flexible in terms of working in the office and from home and we would consider different patterns although ideally you will go into the office at least once per week.
Salary £45,173-£51,914K plus great benefits.
Annual Leave: 30 days per annum plus six University days and all Bank Holidays.