Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Chance to join a multi-billion global PLC
Be a technical decision maker at a senior level
About Our Client
Michael Page have partnered with an outstanding PLC who deliver cutting edge solutions to a global customer base. With manufacturing operations taking place in world class facilities worldwide, the core technical capability is based in South Yorkshire. This business are able to support a large and highly skilled team of professional engineers through the complexity of their projects and their desire to continuously improve their products and processes.
As the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will take ownership of specific elements of highly complex projects. You will lead small teams of sector specific professionals on a project basis to create solutions to complex engineering problems.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will:
- Produce technically compliant and cost effective designs, including all: documentation; drawings, specifications, schedules, calculations, manuals etc. are correct and to standard.
- Work with the principal / lead engineer as the technical focus for a specific portion of a project ensuring a successful and commercially viable contract execution.
- Provide technical support to ensure that equipment is manufactured, tested, installed and commissioned in accordance with the design and operational requirements, either from the office or at site
- Develop, maintain and cultivate relationships with Clients, Suppliers and Sub Contractors to ensure successful execution of the project, future business.
The Successful Applicant
This is a critical position for the business and as a result the successful incumbent will be comfortable communicating at all levels of business. You will have proven yourself to be a confident leader and a competent engineer.
The successful Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will demonstrate:
- Degree qualification in engineering or substantial working experience
- Significant experience in machine design and drafting.
- Experience of function within large projects
- IT literate with all department and business system tools, especially AutoCad and 3D CAD software
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus package