Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Opportunity to develop new Medical Deivces
Products that make a difference in peoples lives
About Our Client
The client Designs and Manufacturers a diverse product range of Medical Devices supplied globally with Cardiff being a key site and is currently receiving strong investment in people and technology.
As the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer your key areas of focus will be:
- Contribute to the development of new devices, from early stage product concepts to ready for trial product, in line with the development strategy, Quality system and Development Process.
- Contribute as a team member to allocated work-streams within development projects, to meet project targets and ensure end-product meets with customer expectations and operational needs.
- Provide input to and author technical reports and design documentation for internal and external users to review, ensuring that the content is accurate and informed.
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach by proactively seeking out development opportunities by learning and attending training courses to ensure that department has right skills to deliver business needs.
- Provide theoretical mechanical engineering and process knowledge as an input to activities and business decision making within speciality area.
- Lead the technical analysis of mechanical systems, such as tolerance analysis, Finite Element Analysis, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) assessments to ensure that the parts that will form a product can be reliably and repeatedly manufactured and assembled.
- Lead the development of Test programs for new devices.
- Support the Development of new manufacturing Processes with appropriate theoretical tools and techniques.
- Uses a range of standard and well-established methods to guide decisions and ultimately establish themselves as a thought leader within the company for mechanical decisions.
The Successful Applicant
As the successful candidate you will ideally have the following experience:
- Educated to Degree level in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical degree.
- Worked in the development of Medical Devices or related industry.
- Able to demonstrate expertise in the application of Engineering analysis to real world problems (FEA, FMEA, DFMA etc.)
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of experimental diligence and the ability to collect, analyse and interpret data
- Ideally 3 + Year's experience in a similar role
- Be able to work in a multi-functional team and to build relationships with peers.
- Have an ability to manage own time and work in a fast-paced environment and on multiple projects at one time.
What's on Offer
A negotiable salary dependant of experience and benefits package.