Senior Medical Affairs Scientist (Digital)
Join a global blue-chip brand with unrivalled opportunity
Utilise your medical knowledge in the evolving digital space
About Our Client
RB are a growing community of 40,000+ diverse, talented entrepreneurs - united in the relentless pursuit of a cleaner, healthier world. Drawing on each other's skills and working together, they put people at the heart of their business.
Through research and development, science and partnership, RB make products that people have loved and trusted for generations.
RB UK Headquarters are based in Slough and commutable from the Southern Home Counties and London.
Based in the RB offices in Slough the Senior Medical Affairs Scientist (Digital) will take on a varied and challenging role across Digital and e-commerce Medical Affairs, Marketed Product Support and Medical Information Support.
Digital and e-commerce Medical affairs
Provides digital and e-commerce knowledge, expertise and leadership:
- Work collaboratively with medical affairs team to develop digital medical strategy for key brands.
- Work collaboratively within the brand team to provide strategic medical input into digital and e-commerce initiatives.
- Identify and develop innovative ways to drive consumer and HCP awareness, adoption, and utilisation of RB's digital initiatives.
- Ensure content is high quality and unbiased to drive trust and adoption by consumers and HCPs.
- Ensure content is personalised, relevant and appropriate communication channels are used.
- Use initiative and feedback to ensure digital content is provided in a user-friendly format.
- Engage and influence external bodies and associations.
- Pro- actively provide medical insights from competitor data and digital healthcare landscape to brand team as appropriate.
- Act as a mentor to members in the team as/ when required.
Marketed Product Support
- Input into development and approval of promotional copy on digital/ e-commerce platforms
- Input into medical education programmes and self-care initiatives.
- Develop training materials on digital trends, upcoming technology and best practice/case studies on digital advertising for the business.
- Provide internal training to colleagues in marketing on digital advertising and specific requirements/ regulations as appropriate.
- Ensure materials meet high standard of copy approval with ABPI (PMCPA), IPHA and PAGB advertising codes of practice.
- Apply scientific skills to construct arguments and provide evidence to make and defend claims on digital materials.
Medical information support:
- Provide rapid responses to scientific and medical enquiries from a range of stakeholders (internal and external) whilst ensuring they are balanced and underpinned by scientific literature.
- Use skills and experience to complete research and source evidence to answer enquiries from HCPs and to support scientific medical activities.
- Act as knowledge expert for specific products and therapeutic areas
- Work with stakeholders to ensure internal medical platforms are regularly updated and are user-friendly.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for the medical knowledge, industry background and specific digital experience to be considered for the Senior Medical Affairs Scientist (Digital) position.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Pharmacist or Medical Doctor registered in the UK, or degree holder in Biological sciences
- Sound knowledge of the PAGB, PMCPA/ABPI and IPHA promotional codes of practice
- Experience gained working in a pharmaceuticals/healthcare company
- Experience managing digital innovation initiatives in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Experience in copy approvals of promotional and non-promotional materials
- Ability to write scientific reports and/ or publications
- Previous experience in establishing compliance frameworks, procedures and new ways of working
- Strong business, leadership, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Can provide clear guidance to medical, commercial, regulatory, legal, quality and global functions
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people at all levels both internally and externally, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading multi-layered complex projects to achieve effective implementation
- Experience developing external partnerships to meet business objectives
- Attention to detail and committed follow-through
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK and should be based within a reasonable commute to the Slough office in order to attend stakeholder meetings.
What's on Offer
RB have a unique culture and excellent career opportunities, personal growth and market leading remuneration packages.