An opportunity to work in a large, established, Fashion Retailer
This roles comes with management responsibilities
About Our Client
My client is a multi-channel Fashion Retailer based in the Yorkshire area. They are recruiting for a Senior Merchandiser to join their team.
Within this Senior Merchandiser role, you will;
- be pivotal in driving department strategy. Planning, managing and achieving the targeted measures of sales, stock turn, markdown and profit through the construction of commercial ranges.
- manage the in-season Open-to-Buy down to category level using the WSSI and Compass.
- by effective range planning and markdown control, manage Terminal Stocks to keep within budgeted levels.
- consistently manage the supply base, monitoring commitment and Intake, and to work closely with the supplier to minimise lead times, create flexibility and improve availability.
- train, motivate and develop the Junior / Assistant Merchandiser and Merchandise Administrator
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be;
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Experience in a Merchandising environment
- Numerical / analytical skills
- Understanding of range planning
- Working knowledge of forecasting principles
- Good understanding of the key elements of the Buying Cycle
- Organisation skills
- Decision making skills
- Communication skills
- IT literate
- Capability to manage change
What's on Offer
The salary is competitive and according to experience