Senior Operations Manager
This is an exciting new role in a new start up subsidiary of a finance firm
This is a senior role which requires a versatile, hands on individual
About Our Client
My client is a UK-based social finance company.
The Senior Operations Manager will:
- Lead delivery of the Business Plan adopted by the Board and help implement strategy, including impact ambitions, growth targets, market positioning, pipeline process, organisational capacity, operating expenditure budget and forecasts.
- Contribute to the development of a high-performing team culture, participation in the provision of regular, open and honest feedback to all staff.
- Develop the corporate and functional capacity of the organization.
- Ensure corporate objectives are delivered within budget.
- Implement financial controls, liaise with the Finance Group, Budget/Actual Variance reporting, liaise with Tax Department, manage VAT returns implementation and invoicing.
- Help lead the development of the team through participation in the evaluation and recruitment of staff, implementation and administration of the long-term incentive scheme.
- Help manage shareholder relations including liaison with key corporate departments and the management of services agreement with including monitoring procurement of external services.
- Identify, negotiate with and retain external consultants on favourable terms for the Company
- Manage panel of external law firms and consultants.
- Maintenance and drafting of Quarterly Management Report and Risk Matrix as a corporate management tools including reports to the Board.
- Develop US corporate structure.
- Manage and further develop key policies in all areas of corporate activity and establish strong systems of control for budgeting, expenditure, and audit.
- Advise on the migration away from the firms business systems and replace with effective and tailored alternatives.
- Develop a successful document management structure, reflecting and implementing the record retention policy.
- Develop the effective production of high quality, brand compliant contracts, correspondence and other external facing documents.
- Ensure all meetings of the Board, Audit Committee, Remuneration Committee, and the Project Investment Committee are held on time, with high quality papers distributed well in advance, with accurate and efficient minutes agreed.
- Ensure compliance with the Company's constitution, all laws and contractual obligations including the Services Agreement.
- Liaise with internal auditor and external auditor and respond to audit questions.
- Administer treasury function
- Management of adequate financial controls and systems including delegations of authority, and payment approval processes.
- Ensure compliance with Business Integrity and standards in co-ordination with relevant departments.
- Development of document tools and templates for use by the Company in documentation and reporting processes.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Experience of developing and managing operations of an established or growing company from a financial, accounting, and administrative background
- Experience of risk & compliance, financial analysis, P&L management and reporting, cash management, tax and insurance are considered desirable.
- Further experience in procurement, legal, contracting, corporate secretarial, branding and communications, facilities management, incentivisation schemes, data protection, and change management would also be beneficial.
- Proven track record of operational management including identifying issues and mitigating risks preferably gained in a private sector financial services organisation or a public sector or development finance organisation with a relevant profile.
- Experience working in complex, global environments with an ability to manage and influence diverse sets of stakeholders coupled with experience of start-ups or growth businesses and change management, right-sizing and aligning corporate and organisational structures to strategic objectives.
- A track record of providing first class support to executive and senior leadership teams in financial services, healthcare or other relevant sectors and motivated working within high performance environments and working with all levels of staff to support the delivery of business change and transformation.
What's on Offer
This is a permanent role based in the City of London.