- Working within the Chief Executive's Strategy & Partnerships division
- Actively developing &promoting the third sector &partners in scrutiny activities
About Our Client
This council is a tremendously vibrant London borough. Spanning both inner and outer London, it is a borough of huge contrasts in terms of its economic, environmental, ethnic and social make up. It's diversity is evident to all who visit the borough and their long history of ethnic and cultural diversity has created a place that is truly unique and valued by those who live and work there.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Provide high level advice and policy support to the political and managerial leadership of the council and its scrutiny committees, including:
- horizon scanning and building the council's capacity to think and act innovatively and creatively;
- supporting the development of a shared policy agenda and programmes for co-ordinating policy responses across services;
- contributing to the development and delivery of the Borough Plan and the implementation of the planning framework;
- supporting the development and delivery of work programmes relevant to the remit of each scrutiny committee.
- Work with members, departments and stakeholders to undertake comprehensive corporate and departmental policy and strategy reviews, including those of scrutiny working groups and sub-committees, with high quality, well-evidenced, concise reports and action plans capable of influencing positively the future work of the council and other agencies.
- Effectively project manage policy and scrutiny initiatives, reviews and programmes to ensure successful outcomes against the project brief including undertaking risk analysis and taking corrective/mitigating action as necessary.
- Attend council committees, public meetings and community forums as required to present information on and respond to strategic, policy and scrutiny matters.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to senior managers, other colleagues and scrutiny committee chairs on corporate policies, implementation of strategic objectives, and scrutiny requirements and activity.
- Keep up to date and identify the implications of new legislation, government policy and developments in the wider community which impact on the council's plans, policies and services.
- Work collaboratively with partners to develop and maintain a joined-up approach to service delivery and the effective use of evidence to drive policy, strategy and scrutiny, including relevant scrutiny networks.
- Support the development, implementation and production of key corporate and scrutiny planning, prioritisation, management and reporting mechanisms, including service planning and the scrutiny annual report.
- Work with Brent communications team to publicise the work and value of the policy and scrutiny functions, including the maintenance and updating of relevant web pages.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within and outside of the council to ensure policies, strategies and scrutiny are underpinned by reliable evidence (including performance and complaints information, and other resources from the Research and Intelligence Team), and solutions are stretching and innovative.
- Act as an effective ambassador and advocate with external organisations.
- Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that at all times safeguards the health and well-being of children and vulnerable adults.
- Carry out duties with due regard to the Council's Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Educated to at least degree level or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of the major factors influences and challenges facing local government.
- Knowledge of local government decision making, service planning, consultation and budget management.
- Working collaboratively across organisational boundaries to shape and deliver strategic plans and services.
- Translating strategy into cost effective plans within tight resource constraints.
- Supporting the effective delivery of service/business plans to meet performance targets, managing and mitigating risk.
- Developing practical, innovative, creative and tactical solutions to the management of complex problems.
- Working effectively with stakeholders and partners building positive cross sector relationships in support of key objectives.
- Undertaking comprehensive corporate and departmental policy and strategy reviews to deliver service wide improvements in relation to key organisational priorities.
Skills and Abilities:
- Intellectual ability to be able to think and act strategically, analyse complex evidence and develop practical, innovative and entrepreneurial solutions to the management of strategic issues and complex problems.
- Communication and influencing skills to inform, consult and negotiate with a range of audiences in a straightforward, articulate, sensitive and persuasive manner, both orally and in writing.
- Interpersonal ability to engage with service areas, elected members, partners, stakeholders, the media and the wider community, engendering confidence and respect
- Organisational skills to plan and prioritise performance and improvement work programmes and multiple projects to deliver results to time and within budget, managing risk and resolving barriers to success.
- Identify and encourage innovative solutions, support a "can do" culture and achieve results.
- Effective project management skills to deliver projects and initiatives to agreed briefs and timescales.
- Effective leadership and co-ordination of working groups and the achievement of positive outcomes.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and pension working in a friendly and strong team.