- Fantastic opportunity working for a dynamic organisation
- Lincolnshire based with some remote working
About Our Client
Reporting to the PR and Internal Communications Manager, this role supports the development and delivery of a proactive and exciting PR strategy for the University of Lincoln. The post holder will contribute significantly to:
- Delivery of the objectives of the Press Office, which are to manage engagement with our publics, including government and media locally, nationally and internationally.
- Support the broader objectives of the University which include increasing recruitment, profile raising and building the reputation of the institution in the UK and overseas across our portfolio.
- Delivery of internal communications activity within the University community (staff and students), including on significant issues and campaigns.
- Supporting other marketing communications activities, such as sponsorship, events and content creation for online channels and publications.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the University's internal and external communication strategies.
- Use expertise to produce media plans to raise the profile and build the reputation of specific Colleges, Schools and Departments regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Copywrite and manage the distribution of information to internal and external audiences in an appropriate way to avoid negative impact on the University's reputation.
- Provide media briefings and plan and organise interviews, photo calls and press conferences as required.
- Undertake media monitoring and analysis, using software systems provided and provide reports on PR coverage.
- Work closely with the Social Media team to monitor on-line opportunities and risks and maximise global communications penetration through creation of multi format content such as web and audio.
- Maintain accurate records of all press releases and media statements issued and coverage received.
- Arrange media training and support to University staff. This will include the development of materials and devising appropriate presentations and modifying these for different audiences.
- Keep up-to-date on news stories and current affairs affecting the University of Lincoln and the wider higher education sector
- Create and manage appropriate contact lists using a media contacts database.
- Contribute to the development of the University's database of academic experts and maintain and proactively extend it.
- Work with local, national and international journalists and develop excellent relationships to engender positive media coverage of the University.
- Develop relationships with media and journalists with regard to specific subject areas and work with the team to identify opportunities for media coverage and strategically prepare media schedules and promote this to journalists for the benefit of the University.
- Work closely with staff across the University to respond effectively to media enquiries.
- Advise on appropriate mechanisms for internal communications for staff and students and support these activities or campaigns where appropriate.
- Support the PR team and wider Marketing function.
- Support sponsorship and events activities through PR.
- Contribute to the University's database of student and graduate achievement, working in conjunction with other university areas including Alumni Office and Careers & Employability Service.
- Work closely with Heads of School and other staff in academic Colleges to manage the involvement of professional and academic staff in PR and internal communications activities
- Work closely with College colleagues to ensure that PR and internal communications activities and information are relevant and accurate and in line with University and College objectives and priorities.
- Work closely with the University senior management team and all Marketing staff.
- Work with external agencies as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Previous PR experience in a Press office or Agency setting
- Keen news sense and strong track record in PR
- Direct experience of writing press releases, media briefings and other items for external communications
- Direct experience of writing, editing and proof reading publications
- High level of communication skills (verbal and written)
What's on Offer
Salary from £28,331pa
Remote working initially, with requirement to be on campus thereafter