Senior Pre-Construction Project Manager - St Modwen
Lead on pre-construction phase of Industrial & Logistics development projects
Provide strategic solutions from land acquisition to construction commencement
About Our Client
St. Modwen is a different kind of property partner taking a different view. More than thirty years' experience as an expert developer and regeneration specialist, dealing with complex and challenging sites, has taught it to look at things differently, challenge the norm and create new and sustainable solutions to benefit all those involved. Today, it continues to unlock value and deliver quality outcomes across a wide range of activities, from regeneration to the long-term planning and development of commercial and residential assets, as well as active asset management.
St. Modwen combines end-to-end expertise - through its network of regional offices, its residential business and its central asset management team, and through joint ventures with public sector and industry leading partners - to deliver lasting results for all concerned. It creates places where communities grow, businesses flourish and people can feel and be at home.
St. Modwen's £1.4bn national portfolio includes the regeneration of New Covent Garden Market, London; the transformation of Longbridge, Birmingham; and the on-going development of the £450 million Bay Campus for Swansea University. St. Modwen Homes is currently selling on 20 sites across the country and its asset management team pro-actively manages our £598 million income-producing portfolio.
Looking to the future, and led by a recently-formed Executive Committee, St. Modwen is embarking on an exciting phase with ambitious growth plans and is therefore seeking to appoint talented individuals who can demonstrate its core values and embrace and contribute to its purpose of; 'Changing Places. Creating Better Futures.'. A key appointment in the team structure is the new Senior Pre-Construction Manager, based out of their Birmingham office.
This role is part of the Industrial & Logistics (I&L) Business Unit reporting to the Senior Director - Construction and will work across the whole I&L business supporting all pre-construction activities.
This newly established, dedicated business unit has been formed to drive forward the company's ambitious I&L growth plans. St. Modwen has a committed pipeline of over 1.5m sq ft in 2019, having delivered 1m sq ft in 2018, and expects to commit to up to 2m sq ft annually within the next two years. This is supported by one of the UK's biggest total pipelines which spans 15m sq ft, 60% of which already has planning permission.
As Senior Pre-Construction Project Manager, your key accountabilities will be many and varied including:
Implementation of a Development Brief in support of the Construction Strategy. This will involve supporting the pipeline of developments from acquisition to commencement of construction works and will include:
- Develop and implement the Pre-construction Strategy to deliver the Development Brief provided by the Development Manager
- Be responsible for supporting effective deployment of resources across projects
- Manage multi-disciplined project teams, both internal and external
- Support the management, delivery, budget, timescales and reporting requirements of the project(s) to the required standard
- Provide technical solutions that meet the project requirements
Prepare, implement, manage and control pre-construction delivery programmes:
- Implement Development Brief and Strategic Objectives
- Development of a viable Master Plan and Planning Strategy
- Secure acceptable planning consents and overseeing the discharge of pre-construction planning conditions
- Obtain all necessary pre-construction approvals, agreements & consents
- Procure and manage design teams and consultants
- Prepare and manage land and build cost budgets in line with the development brief
You will also coordinate, manage, develop and maintain key external stakeholder relationships - utilising your expert sector knowledge
The Successful Applicant
Anticipated Skills and Experiences include:
- Proven track record of working on industrial & logistic projects
- Extensive experience in appointing, monitoring and control of the project teams work taking account of the priorities of projects
- Proven track record of planning, monitoring and controlling the delivery of projects to customers
- Experience managing relationships and communications with consultants and customers
- Experience of MS Office, Ms Project, earned value and reporting tools
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- Experience managing the JCT form of Building Contract / other forms would be beneficial
- Be proactive and flexible and have excellent communication skills
- Post graduate qualifications in project management or construction management would be an advantage
- Chartership of relevant professional organisation (strongly desired but not essential)
What's on Offer
£80,000 - £90,000 Salary + Car allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Please note that any 3rd party CV's or direct applications will be forwarded directly to Michael Page