Senior Process Improvement Engineer
Join a game changing manufacturer and be part of something special
Develop your career with progression and technical knowledge expansion
About Our Client
My client is a market leader of innovative Precision Engineered products who use industrial and chemical manufacturing process in the Manufacturing and Production Industry.
The successful candidate for the Senior Process Improvement Engineer at my clients site in Berkshire will fulfil the following responsibilities -
- Developing technical understanding of our existing processes - product training will be provided
- Analysing processes using mapping techniques in order to identify areas for improvement.
- Identifying improvements, scope out their delivery with any supporting CVAS submission & implement sustained opportunities.
- Contributing to improvements in business performance through increased yield, throughput improvements, automation and process standardisation.
- Work closely with the Value Streams, Safety, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain & Engineering Services teams to implement & embed efficiency gains.
- Designing & developing tools, jigs and systems to optimise processes and standardise set-up including management of subcontractors.
- Involved in investigating customer queries, new products and complaints including root cause analysis and developing countermeasures.
- Responsibility for managing own work and other PI team members time and effort; defining work to be done, deadlines and performance of the projects including ongoing development of PI team members.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the Senior Process Improvement Engineer role at my client's site in Berkshire the candidate must present evidence of the following -
- A mechanical or manufacturing engineering degree or related technical discipline knowledge within a manufacturing process improvement background.
- Working knowledge of CVD technical products will be a distinct advantage. Previous track record in mapping and analysing processes demonstrating use of World Class Manufacturing tool kits & Lean principles to deliver sustained results. Clear understanding of value adding and non-value adding activities.
- A proven track record of using process control tools including FMEA, control plans, and responding to changes in processes to improve yield.
- Demonstrable knowledge of breaking down and resolving challenging technical problems.
- Ability to work well with others in order to build rapport throughout the site and sustain improvements.
- Capable of working in a challenging environment; having the ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously and prioritise effectively to meet the commercial and business needs.
- Creative, "out of box" thinker with strong leadership and communication skills.
- Proven ability of finding creative solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to work independently, influence people and to exercise self-initiative.
- Advanced diagnostic and problem solving skills coupled with a high level of IT literacy including CAD & reporting with a high degree of mathematical competency will be an advantage
- A track record of management useful but not essential.
What's on Offer
The basic salary for this role is between £40,000 and £46,000 + benefits