Senior Procurement Manager
£60,000 - £65,000
Complex £400m spend responsibility
Opportunity to add value through delivery & leadership
About Our Client
My client a Government organisation based nationally.
- Responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the pre and post procurement cycle
- Managing the delivery of procurement initiatives and the resources to one or more delivery teams, setting team and individual objectives, managing performances to ensure the best outcomes for projects and or programmes both pre and post contract
- Working closely with stakeholders to address and analyse the needs of the business both pre- and post- contract to come up with effective solutions and plans to enable projects and programmes to have a consistent approach
- Applying contractual expertise in order to provide advice around procurement both pre and post contract, helping to resolve any issues to ensure HE is compliant and effective in this area
- Full line management responsibility for the team ensuring skills are developed, effective performance management and motivation to ensure a high performing team.
The Successful Applicant
- You will have demonstrable experience within Procurement/ Supply Chain function with expert knowledge of the procurement lifecycle and commercial implications, both pre and post contract
- You will have knowledge of regulations supporting procurement and a good understanding of governance and legislation surrounding procurement internally and externally
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply
- You will have proven experience of leading and managing a commercial team, with the capability to assemble, lead and motivate a diverse, inclusive, high performing team
- You actively build, maintain and nurture relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for progression
- Leadership role