Senior Procurement Officer - Environment, Property & Corporate
Transforming procurement function
Applications accepted from remote workers
About Our Client
Forward thinking local authority willing to offer 100% remote working, so applications accepted from anywhere in the UK
Support the Manager for Commissioning & Procurement (Environment Property & Corporate). Preparation and delivery of procurement and commissioning activity plans. Procurement & Commissioning activity is pro-active and planned.
Provide guidance, advice and expertise. In terms of regulatory, commercial/contractual advice & guidance to relevant service areas in relation to their commissioning and procurement activity. Procurement activity is carried out in accordance with regulatory requirements, commercial acumen and in compliance with the Councils Contract Procedure Rules
Develop, Lead and Deliver. The delivery of tender exercises and projects for higher value/risk procurement projects within agreed service commissioning/procurement programme. Appropriate category and sub-category strategies delivering Directorate objectives. Procurement & Commissioning activity is in accordance with best practice procured in a cost effective and efficient manner.
Develop and maintain resources. Understanding of current stakeholder resources and identification of additional resource internally and externally, including building greater capacity with internal and external stakeholder groups. A structured and collaborative approach to building capacity and capability internally and within the local/national market and alignment with the Council's wider strategic objectives.
Devise, collect and analyse. Spend and market data through a variety of sources including the Councils financial management systems. Accountability and responsibility ensuring greater awareness and control of spend across the organisation and delivery of cost savings in line with corporate objectives.
Develop and innovate. New approaches to the development activity and management of procurement and commissioning areas in line with current legislation, best practice and cabinet office guidance. Commissioning & Procurement within the Council is constantly reviewed and reflective of innovation and best practice.
Undertake strategic contract management. Through robust strategic Contract management where required.
Procured contracts are effectively monitored and managed throughout the term.
Plan, lead and manage commercial negotiation. Lead on higher value Commissioning/Procurement related negotiations with suppliers/3rd party providers. Savings are achieved in line with targets, and value for money and efficiencies are secured for the Council in line with both legislation and Contract Procedure Rules.
Identify potential areas of collaboration. For future commissioning exercises with other public and voluntary sector organisation. Shared best practice and savings are achieved - value for money and efficiencies are secured for the Council.
Undertake. Any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post. To meet service needs and requirements.
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant professional qualification and/or educated to degree level or equivalent and with experience of working in local government or the public sector; knowledge of the role elected members play.
- Substantial experience at a senior level in relation to contracting, procurement and commissioning.
- Experience of providing specialist procurement advice and guidance to managers at all levels of seniority, external agencies and other forums on a regular basis.
- Experience of producing and implementing category and sub-category strategies in relation to directorate activity and objectives.
- Able to respond quickly to changing circumstances whilst maintaining a clear view of overall priorities; ability to cope under pressure and ensure deadlines are met whilst maintaining high quality of work.
- Ability to analyse, interpret, resolve and communicate complex business problems with a proven track record of demonstrably improving commissioning outcomes for Service areas.
What's on Offer
- A competitive salary of £43,662 - £47,491 plus benefits
- REMOTE WORKING
- A great working culture
- An impactful role with tangible outcomes
- Strong leadership