Senior Product Development Engineer
Global FMCG Business
World Leading Vending Machine Manufacturer
About Our Client
In business for 124 years and run by four generations of the Lavazza family, the Lavazza brand has upheld its reputation for coffee quality and prestige serving more than 27 billion cups per year in over 90 countries.
In 2018, Lavazza acquired the Mars Drinks coffee business from Mars, Incorporated-another family-owned business-gaining a presence in the business-to-business space. Hence, the Lavazza Professional division/name was born.
Lavazza Professional is comprised of the KLIX® vending systems and FLAVIA® brewing systems-two leading brands in the Vending and Office Coffee Service segments, respectively. With a goal to create great tasting moments at work, Lavazza Professional is 100% dedicated to the workplace, creating new and inspiring ways to help people come together to achieve great results.
Are you passionate about product development and have a proven track record in developing innovative electro mechanical products? Do you want to develop sophisticated products that automate the process of drink and coffee preparation?
If yes, Lavazza Professional are currently expanding their global R&D team and are recruiting a Senior Product Development Engineer who has a strong engineering background (mechanical or electronics) and can lead multidisciplinary teams in developing new and existing products or research programs for our range of coffee and drinks machines.
The Senior Product Development Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Lead and direct multidisciplinary teams of engineers, technicians and subject matter experts in the development of the KLIX® and wider product range.
- Supervision of full life-cycle of product development including design, prototyping, testing, manufacture and implementation
- Collaborate with other business functions to translate customers' needs and market requirements into defined product specifications
- Design, develop, and verify product sub-systems comprising mechanics, software and electronics that are ready for integration into new and/or existing platforms and new products.
- Consult with internal stakeholders to comply with internal quality management systems as an authority on product, component and material risk assessments.
- Continuously seek to improve engineering design systems, processes, and tools.
The Successful Applicant
The Senior Product Development Engineer will have the following attributes, skills and qualifications:
- A degree in Mechanical/Electronics/Product Design Engineering or similar
- Able to demonstrate a solid understanding of product development, engineering, manufacturing, quality, supply chain, as well as product assurance and regulatory requirements for drinks machines or electromechanical consumer products.
- Have a broad understanding of complex electro mechanical products (electrical/electronic, software and mechanical) and related design and testing engineering practices.
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacture, complex mechanisms and material properties
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to approach design from an alternative perspective
- Advanced user of 3D CAD modelling and drafting package designing components using solid and surface modelling techniques
- Ability to work professionally and reliably whilst communicating with management and subcontractors
- Ability to manage changing priorities and adapt to deadlines
What's on Offer
- A basic salary between £45,000 and £58,000
- Have the opportunity to grow their talents whilst working with the current and future drink preparation technologies.
- Be part of a high performing team who are passionate about the products they develop.
- Experience product development from cradle to grave.
- Receive a comprehensive reward package (free tea's and coffee's, pension, onsite gym and restaurant).