Senior Product Manager
Opportunity to be part of a innovate organisation
Make decisions and develop fantastic products
About Our Client
Michael Page are working Exclusively with Elvie on all positions.
About the role
You are an experienced Senior Product Manager enjoying working in a fast paced, innovative, and collaborative environment. You will be responsible for clearly articulating the Voice of our Customers to the hardware & software engineering teams, data scientists, designers and researchers.
You'll need to be ready to hit the ground running. With two products launched, more markets opening up and many new ideas that need to become a reality, there's plenty to get involved with.
We will look to you and your experience to help develop products that we're proud of because we put the user at the centre of the design process and ensure we take a holistic view of the product experience. You will be guiding the development of both hardware and software elements, with exposure working throughout the product life-cycle from NPI to maintenance in market.
The Day to Day of the role
Main focus will be to understand our customers' experience, keep up to speed on market trends and translate them into a clearly defined and appropriately prioritised product roadmap. You will need to gain buy in and support from different teams.
You will work independently and able to guide product development. You will be involved in setting the product vision and ensuring that the product team delivers on it. You will be leading the charge to make products that delight our users, helping the team navigate through the decisions and inevitable compromise of turning ideas to reality.
You will be able to offer advice, mentoring and guidance to other team members
User Champion - you are the voice of the user inside the company. You will:
Get under the skin of our users. Working closely with product researchers, you'll be setting research objectives and involved in conducting user research, learning about customer needs first hand
Translate customer needs into product shaping information, writing user stories and user requirements and briefing relevant teams
Communicate user needs and product plans to a variety of audiences (ie. sell the dream and fight the user's corner)
Development Guide - working across hardware and software teams to deliver one cohesive product experience in line with the vision. You will:
Work side by side with cross-functional teams to drive product development, keeping the team on track, and making sure the product vision is a constant throughout
Be balancing tensions in requirements and deciding with the team what compromise is acceptable throughout the product development journey
Join stand-ups with our app dev teams and design engineer catch-ups
Stay on top of what our competitors are up to and the results they are getting, and where valuable and relevant, use this to inform our product development
Manage, update and prioritise a backlog of features, and brief and manage the development of design work. You will use Jira to manage app development and Asana for in-house designers (SD/UX/UI)
The Successful Applicant
The successful Senior Product Manager based in Bristol will have:
- 5 years relevant experience, with demonstrable experience of product managing connected devices or both HW and SW products.
- Preferably time with a startup that has gone through the scaling process
- Demonstrable experience in modern user testing, tech product development, and agile project management processes and tools (e.g Google Analytics, Jira)
- Interest in women, health and all things tech
- A huge drive to help Elvie reach the next level, and to develop yourself into a leader
- An ability to set expectations and stay calm and positive under pressure
Note: you must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role
What's on Offer
The successful Senior Product Manager will receive:
£50,000 - £60,000
- Great work environment - regular company socials, free daily snacks
- Flexible work environment built on trust and autonomy
- Enjoy employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Generous employee referral program
- Cycle Scheme & Tech Scheme
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme with SmartPension
- Life Insurance with Yulife
- Medical, Dental & Optical cash-plan with WPA
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- YuLife Well-being app & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year