Senior Production Engineer
Senior Production Engineer
Based in Bolton
About Our Client
A large multinational automotive manufacturer.
- To continuously develop existing process and machine improvements
Assist in improvement of processes via Improvement Plan.
Suggesting and implementing efficiency improvements both on machine and with the process in general.
Introducing JIT activities.
Capital investment for new/improved equipment.
Project implementation following APQP.
Improving reject and first Time through figures to meet budget targets
Budget control for projects, spares
Assist in resolving quality issues on the line. Lead resolution of quality issues on assigned equipment.
To monitor / task Production Engineers with improvements on the production line
To challenge (where applicable) approach and methods of Production Engineers to achieve KPIs.
- Generate and maintain working production documents i.e. WI and QCS sheets
Standard Operating Systems
Quality check sheets
Process Control Charts
Machine check sheets
- To maximise equipment efficiency and minimise downtime
On a day to day basis support production activities on a production line. Responsible for ensuring total down-time is kept within budgeted figures.
Responsible for ensuring cross functional team approach to solving major issues and conducting improvement activities
Conduct production review meetings and identify improvement actions/activities and allocate to available resources
- Development of new processes and engineering documents i.e. FMEA. Control plans etc. For Continuous Improvement
Plan optimal process flow and operator work method to maximise output without compromising on quality
Support implementation of design changes and future technologies as required.
Set targets for each project activity and monitor benefits
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of making Production Engineering Documentation- Control plans, Process flow, FMEA etc.
- Proven ability to use logical approach to problem solving- using formal techniques- SGA, 7-Step, PDCA, 5 Why & Fishbone Diagram etc.
- Proven ability to implement project schedules and plans in a timely & effective manner
- Knowledge of robotics, pneumatic, mechanical systems etc. used in production environment
- Knowledge of Equipment OEE, Planned Maintenance & Spares control.
- University degree in Electrical / Mechanical / Automation similar field (or considerable experience in engineering)
- Good computer literacy. Excel, Word and Microsoft Project
- Experience in Electronics/Surface Mount Line production would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of equipment troubleshooting, schematics, plc programming, electrical circuitry.
What's on Offer
Highly competitive salary and a real opportunity to progress within a leading automotive manufacturing company.