- Join a leading global injection moulding manufacturing business.
- Opportunity to develop career within a growing global business.
About Our Client
A leading global manufacturing business.
The Production Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Drive behavioural based safety throughout the plant and ensure medical treatment and target rates are adhered to. Ensure delivery of the annual HSE improvement plan and take ownership of key actions that relate to operational safety.
- Assist with the implementation of the annual road map and daily and weekly metrics aligned to customer demand which supports the operational strategy.
- Create and implement best practice in manufacturing, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance including quality.
- Own the DSUM at tier 1 & 2 ensuring all metrics are relevant and have targets that ensure problem solving is being driven by the team on a daily basis. Eg. Schedule adherence, machine utilisation, RFT, Changeover reduction, output, adherence to budget, OTIF and near miss reporting.
- Identify and execute business improvement opportunities where P & L and capital are related and justify with the appropriate rationale and implementation of these projects based on future growth plans.
- Management of the team, including coaching, motivation, appraisals, reviews, KPI's, one-2-one meetings, disciplinary matters and grievances as required. Ensure 6 monthly and 12 monthly appraisals with the team and set SMART objectives for each individual.
- Manages staff and attendance, including holiday entitlement.
- Oversee & review root cause analysis data and identify trends that indicate a change in performance and implement an action plan accordingly.
- Allocation & management of budgets, including overtime, headcount, department costs aligned to customer demand requirements and demonstrate the ability to flex costs accordingly.
- Instigate continuous improvement initiatives and lead the change within operational activities ensuring that the SMART ideas are captured and implemented and could increase output, save time and effort.
- Lead the implementation of new systems and processes that drive the manufacturing activities.
The Successful Applicant
- Production Manager / Operations Manager within a similar high mix manufacturing environment with a proven management record.
- Extensive knowledge of plastic injection moulding.
- Ideally educated to degree level with a background in mechanical engineering.
- Able to demonstrate a track record of idea creation and implementing change.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and understanding of continuous improvement techniques.
- Knowledge of SAP and scheduling systems.
What's on Offer
£65,000 - £75,000 + Benefits
Quote job ref
+44 1932 264 086