Senior Project Controller
Stand-out senior business partnering opportunity with global engineering firm
Genuine long-term career opportunities and stable sector
About Our Client
Our client is a world-leading engineering business with a global footprint, employing 70000 people across 60 countries.
Due to a combination of major investment, growth and the reshaping of the finance function to better serve business requirements, a fantastic opportunity has been created for a Senior Project Controller, to be based at the UK head office in Derby, East Midlands.
This role is tasked to provide accurate, timely financial Information, working on adding value to the business, while ensuring strong and effective controls are in place.
As Senior Project Controller, the key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the integrity of the Project Portfolio Financial Information.
- Monitoring all Project Costs and addressing variances for all active divisions or business units.
- Responsible for the budgeting and forecasting activity of all aspects of the Project Portfolio.
- Recommend possible courses of action to mitigate risk or to achieve opportunities.
- Review and challenge cash planning.
- Prepare and update monthly reports and presentation in project review meetings.
- Follow-up hedging & bonds requirements for the project.
- Responsible for coordinating the Long term functional forecasts.
- Attend Project Core Team meetings as required and all relevant project meetings.
- Secure on time delivery of information to the various stakeholders.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a stable CV and a track record of similar project accounting or commercial business partnering within the engineering and manufacturing sector.
Experience of working in an international environment is desirable, as is knowledge of ERP systems, while strong communication and influencing skills are essential.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package