Senior Project Manager - EXCELLENT benefits & flexibility
Unusually good benefits and work / life balance available
Growing team with room to progress your career further
About Our Client
An extremely diverse portfolio of projects from small to larger. A collaborative and small, growing team to work within and lead / manage.
- Lead the project teams and manage all activities and resources through full project lifecycles.
- Delivering on time, to budget.
- Working alongside IT teams, the business and external suppliers to implement solutions.
- Prioritisation of all elements of the projects.
- Production and sign-off for Business Case, Project Plans and PID.
- Creation of highlight reports and updates for the board and PMO.
- Management of dependencies / interdependencies and communication to PMO office.
- Identification of Issues, escalation to sponsors and PMO.
- Maintenance of RAID logs, ensuring proactive actions are taken to manage and mitigate risk.
- Tracking and management of Project budgets alongside PMO and Finance.
- Support to the company in refining and improving its approach to project management.
- All work accurately scoped, planned and costed and all potential risks and issues mitigated in advance.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent stakeholder management skillset.
- Good experience with IT projects.
- Experience managing larger to small projects which are very varied.
- Able to quickly adapt to changing requirements and landscape.
- Ideally a mix of methodologies (i.e. Prince2, Waterfall, Agile etc) and the knowledge and experience to be able to implement a blended approach appropriate to each project.
- Agility of approach, creative thinker who can bring fresh ideas, new approaches and methodologies that you already know can work.
- Has managed small teams and likes to get their sleeves rolled up.
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills; capable of building long-term relationships, overcoming resistance to change with a cooperative, engaging and positive outlook.
- Very self-led, able to complete small projects to budget and on time solo as well as managing others within the team to deliver the same on larger ones.
What's on Offer
In return for your highly-organised approach, tenacity, knowledge, team-focused attitude, resilience and all of the above, you will receive a salary of up to £45,000 as well as some exceptional added benefits - Outstanding pension, holiday above 30 per year as well as the option to work flexibly and remotely (a 4 day working week can be considered for example).
As the company is going through a period of change and the team is expanding, there could be a lot of scope for the right candidate to grow and progress their career, too.
If you feel that you have incredible stakeholder management skills, a can-do attitude, and experience of very wide-ranging projects experience, but don't quite have the full list of requirements, we would also like to hear from you, as there may be some scope to develop into the role (if for example you are currently a Junior Project Manager or equivalent, but just have that 'spark' to make things work!)