Senior Project Manager - Property and Construction - London
Manage complex construction projects across London
Take the next step and become a Senior Project Manager
About Our Client
Looking for Senior Project Manager to take lead responsibility for the successful project management and delivery of several high value complex named capital projects within the Council's Capital Programme.
- Manage high-value and complex projects within the Council's Capital Programme using project management methodology, acting as the client where appropriate and ensuring project objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for the delivery of named capital building projects within the Council's Capital Programme; ensuring effective outcomes, delivery on time, within budget, representing value for money.
- Actively manage allocated budgets ensuring probity adherence and that the council is not put at any financial risk.
- Ensure regular health checks and benchmarking exercises are undertaken.
- Support and assist the development of effective SLA and KPIs to ensure effective performance and efficient service delivery.
- To support and assist the development and implementation of strategies that safeguards the Council against contractual and commercial risk.
- To support and assist with the identification, development and implementation of new policies, processes and procedures, including rationalisation of legacy policies and procedures.
- Ensure each project is financially resourced and has clearly defined objectives, aims and outcomes, ensuring project milestones are carefully planned to reduce clashes /conflict.
- Participate in the development of the Council's Capital Programme and prepare supporting business cases.
- To employ Prince2 methodology, using project management techniques and processes as required ensuring that a consistent approach is adopted by the department's Capital Project team.
The Successful Applicant
Successful Candidate should be able to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Council policies in relation to Equal Opportunity, Customer Care and service delivery, and the ability to implement these policies in the workplace.
- Property Qualification - Property Related Degree
- Experience in this area Either APM, MSP, PRINCE2 or at least significant experience in this area
- Qualifications related to the role Property Related e.g. Qualified Chartered Surveyor or
- Member of a related Property based Professional Body Membership such as Chartered
- Building Surveyor or Chartered Architect or Chartered Structural, Civil or Mechanical
- Engineer, CIPFA, BIFM etc
- Recognised project management and/or programme management qualification
What's on Offer
Great opportunity to work on some of the UK's most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with a competitive industry daily rate.