Senior Property Manager
About Our Client
You will work with a team of 2 Commercial Asset Officers who are predominately field based and manage a portfolio of commercial and other non-residential assets.
The team has a varied workload ranging from all aspects of Landlord and Tenant, supporting the estate, service charge analysis, telecoms, compulsory acquisition, advising Development colleagues of the valuation and management aspects of commercial elements in residential schemes, community assets, managing external partners, and general initiatives to promote financial and quality value from owned assets.
- Ensuring up to date records of non-residential assets (including offices, retail premises, community facilities, land, and allotments) are maintained, and that information is reconciled between sources to validate accuracy.
- Implementing systems for receiving regular evidence from tenants, lessees, and occupiers of compliance with relevant statutory and regulatory obligations pertaining to the nature of the asset occupied and ensure the same is provided to tenants, lessees and occupiers in accordance with obligations.
- Actively and effectively managing assets in line with the Asset Strategy and agreed KPIs including income maximisation and collection, void periods for commercial premises, and ensuring that leases and agreements remain within date and that trigger points are utilised to maximise income.
- Ensuring that valuations are obtained for rent reviews, lease surrenders and disposals of commercial and community premises..
- Leading on all aspects of commercial negotiations including with purchasers concerning ransom strips, with telecommunications providers regarding income from masts and aerials, and with landlords and tenants concerning schedules of dilapidations and condition to maximise income and minimise cost for the business.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of relevant law and good practice and making recommendations to the business accordingly.
- Adopting creative, innovative and effective approaches to the management of marketing, letting, and disposal of assets such as land, parking, garage sites and any associated rights, exploiting hope and marriage values, overage clauses and planning consents to maximise the value for the business.
- Procuring and managing services provided by third party lettings and managing agents and other consultants and liaise with legal services providers to drive lettings and disposals.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven knowledge and expertise of commercial asset management including knowledge of current landlord and tenant legislation relating to commercial premises.
- Proven knowledge of health and safety law and public liability responsibilities relating to non-residential assets including land.
- Thorough understanding of commercial leases.
- Demonstrable commercial negotiation skills.
- Background in acquisitions and disposals.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) / chartered surveyor / member of RICS.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Clear career progression
- Flexible hours including home working
- 35 hrs/week
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Matched % pension contribution scheme
- Professional qualification support