Senior QA Technician
Leading Finiancial business
Bleeding edge technology
About Our Client
The Company is a leading liquidity provider and specialist market maker. The company's strength is provided by our people and their flare for innovation
A successful candidate will be required to:
- Create and maintain test plans and cases that are well structured, adhere to standards, and can be easily followed.
- Work closely with the software development team and QA peers to help deliver high quality solutions in a timely manner.
- Raise potential technical issues with the appropriate development team member.
- Consider system performance, resilience, and capacity requirements when testing software.
- Log and track defects on the companies defect tracking system.
- Review project progress and feedback honest status reports to the appropriate lead of the project; Lead Software Developer, or Senior Software Developers, or Project Management.
- Be able to meet tight deadlines whilst adhering to industry standards in an FCA regulated environment.
Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of financial markets, especially within the Equity and Fixed income asset classes.
- Knowledge of existing QA/testing tools, working in WPF / .NET.
- Awareness of test automation best practices.
- Experience of using JIRA and Zephyr for creating test cases.
- ISTQB qualified.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with stakeholders at various levels.
- Computer Science / IT degree or equivalent.
The Successful Applicant
You will have excellent analytical and communication skills and be required to work closely with a wide variety of internal user groups throughout all aspects of the development life cycle.
This challenging and extremely rewarding role would suit a self-motivated innovative individual, with a passion for quality control, evolutionary technologies, shared learning, and the financial services sector
What's on Offer
Excellent rates of pay.
Working for market leading financial services business.