- Senior Quality Engineer Vacancy in Sheffield, Days Based, £35,000 to £45,000.
- Days Based Senior Quality Engineer Vacancy for a large engineering business.
About Our Client
Located in Sheffield my client has a long successful history in offering engineering services to a range of industries which include Rail, Automotive, Building Structures and Aerospace. Their on site capability puts them as a leading go to supplier to some of the UK's blue-chip clients. Due to internal changes my client is now looking to recruit a highly focused, driven Senior Quality Engineer to join the Sheffield based team. My client has stressed that they would consider Quality Engineers looking to take their next career step or quality managers wanting to take a step back.
Reporting to the Quality Manager as the Senior Quality Engineer your primary responsibility will be to manage all aspects of daily quality including inspections, quality managements systems and New Product Introduction. You will however be challenged in improving performance throughout the business by implementing world class and best practice techniques.Responsibilities Include
- Manage all aspects of daily quality Inspection duties and improve performance throughout the business by implementing world class and best practice techniques.
- Understanding customer requirements to develop, implement and monitor effective quality control processes.
- Supporting the New Product Introduction process through quality planning and implementation, liaising with customers, internal functions, and suppliers.
- Use quality problem solving techniques to resolve any non-conformance's and put corrective actions in place.
- Conduct internal and external audits and assist with development and implementation of Quality management Systems.
- Ensure all customers concerns are answered in a timely and efficient manner.
- Create a close working relationship with counterparts at both key customers and suppliers.
- To develop and maintain adequate supplier appraisal and approval systems.
- To ensure that all required documentation is completed and supplied in accordance with customers and supplier's requirements.
- To participate in regular meetings with quality staff to ensure efficient running of the department.
- To carry out both on and off site quality meetings as required.
- Provide technical support for all departments of the business where necessary.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for this excellent position, you will ideally have a Quality Engineering background gained within a manufacturing or similar industry. You will also live within a commutable distance of South Yorkshire with the following desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- An experienced Qualified Engineer with strong quality background.
- You will have excellent supplier and customer development skills.
- Experience of dealing with customers, suppliers, and accreditation bodies.
- Conversant with ISO 9001:2015.
- Knowledge of Quality Core Tools - APQP, PPAP,8D, 6sigma, 6S, FMEA.
- Strong IT skills - Microsoft Word, Excel and similar, PC based planning and performance management tools.
What's on Offer
Salary is £35,000 to £45,000.