Senior Quantity Surveyor / Assistant Commercial Manager
Experience working on NEC contracts essential
About Our Client
You will be working for a well established nuclear energy provider in the North West region, that have been in operation almost 50 years and employ in excess of 300 people.
The role will be involve managing the interface and contractual arrangements, maintaining relationships and developing new business proposals, and supporting the implementation of the new business strategy to maximise productivity
Responsibilities may include:
- Management of designated customer contracts ensuring compliance with contractual obligations
- Being accountable for appropriate measurement and reporting processes against key deliverables and financial status of contracts, both internally and externally to customers
- Maintaining positive relations, with the timely resolution of queries and requests
- Being accountable for principle interface as a key representative of the business
- Being accountable for ensuring appropriate correspondence is issued to customers/suppliers and appropriate tracking systems are in place to ensure contract compliance
- Developing new service proposals or bids for services to designated customers (working with Business Development team where appropriate)
- Acting as Bid Manager, or supporting the Business Development team, in the development of new service proposals, leading a cross functional team across the business, where required
- Formulation, development and negotiation of customer contracts, in line with appropriate delegation
- Lead or support the implementation of strategic projects as required, ensuring Project management and Internal and external stakeholder management
Projects may include, but not limited to:
- Development and implementation of new commercial processes and contract management arrangements
- Development and implementation of intergroup working arrangements
- Performance and/or cultural improvement programmes
- Site, function or group-wide alignment programmes
The Successful Applicant
You will have experience in a similar position as a Commercial Manager or be ready to step up into this kind of position. You will have knowledge of different contracting models and forms of contract, especially NEC. You will have experience in Bid Management and any experience in the Nuclear sector would be desirable yet not essential. You will have excellent communication and organisation skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders alike. You will be co-operative and be good at working as part of a team as well as have the ability to work to your own initiative.
What's on Offer
You will represent a global enterprise as a key member of their UK Commercial Department. You will have the ability and opportunity to really contribute to their new strategic business strategies and commercial processes. You will receive a competitive annual salary or day rate in preferred, and have the potential for an immediate start given the urgency of the role.