Senior Sales Manager
Truly cutting-edge organisation that value their people
Innovative and successful company which is highly respected across industry
About Our Client
Well-established business that has been successful in the Defence and Security market for nearly 30 years. Their secure information solutions have been deployed by more than twenty-five different nations around the globe. When customers talk about "mission critical" they mean national security matters.
My client's success in the defence and security niche has been built on the ability to build great technology and service solutions; but also, being as good as the very best as an organisation.
A well-respected industry champion in their field; and more than capable of holding our own amongst the best in the industry.
As part of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) High Assurance community, they fully support the HMG mission to make the UK the safest place to conduct business online.
This is a home based sales role with required travel within the UK and occasionally overseas
The Senior Sales Manager will:
- Sell cyber security services, solutions and technology to Defence, Security and Wider Government Agencies in the UK and Europe, generating revenues and margins in line with targets.
- Build and manage a credible sales pipeline that enables sales objectives to be met.
- Update CRM tool with detailed activities and next steps to provide full visibility into key accounts, opportunities and forecasts.
- Leverage, promote and collaborate with sales channels and partners as appropriate.
- Be a brand ambassador in the marketplace, participating in industry events and forums.
- Engage resources effectively in the pursuit of business including marketing, pre-sales and, where necessary, for larger scale strategic opportunities product development.
- Provide support to bids, as required.
- Maintain a level of technical knowledge of companies offering.
The Successful Applicant
The Senior Sales Manager will:
- Have a proven relevant and related industry sales and/or pre-sales experience or the equivalent in a customer-side role, e.g. UK MOD Royal Signals.
- Demonstrated track record of driving sales account revenue and exceeding revenue targets through consultative selling, supported by a current and effective network that has allowed you to do business successfully.
- Thorough understanding of Public Sector procurement cycles and a successful track record in negotiating and closing sales.
- Proven ability to demonstrate solution value to key prospects at Senior Officer level combined with the knowledge and aptitude to present and explain the technical elements of product or services.
- Ability to co-ordinate the end-to end activities from pre-sales through to post sales to ensure excellent levels of engagement and service throughout the process.
- Either holding a minimum of UK Security Clearance or willingness to undergo UK Security Clearances is key to this role.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Deep and broad understanding of the UK MOD market, particularly Defence Digital and the Front-Line Commands, with a range of deep relationships within UK MOD. Must be able to open doors and communicate at 1* level and above, users, project managers, commercial leads, and technical staff.
- Knowledge of the cyber security market.
- Ability to sell a range of capability, including outcomes, services, and solutions.
What's on Offer
Fantastic base salary + uncapped commission + benefits package