Senior Security Analyst
Newly devolved business building a greenfield security function
An opportunity to shape policies, process, tooling, etc in a global organisation
About Our Client
Our client, a Global Asset Management business are building an in-house IT Security Operations function after exiting a managed service agreement based in Edinburgh.
- Direct liaison with and responding to managed service providers on the identification of security events
- Conduct level 1 & 2 and, where capable, level 3 analysis and triage on internally and externally managed security products
- Support the CISO in the delivery and implementation of the security programme
- Work closely as part of the team, and independently to handle incidents, including stakeholders relevant to each event, and drive incidents to resolution as well as learning and improving from them
- Responsibility for monitoring, detection and analysis through various input tools and systems (EDR, IDS / IPS, Firewalls, AV,etc), through to incident handling and incident response
- Work with colleagues on various security projects and contribute towards best practices of processes, technology used and overall security awareness.
- Maintain and improve the security technologies deployed, including creating use cases, customising or better configuring the tools based on past and current threats.
- A quality service approach, making sure that possible issues are proactively pointed out, reporting is detailed and staying available for support until an issue is resolved
- Detailed oriented and flexible minded to contribute to the defensive capabilities of Operational Security for the overall security of the organisation
- Analyse logs (from Security Information & Event Management system) and other sources, to create reports and better prepare for suspicious events or malicious efforts
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent analytical skills
- Need to have solid experience working in a similar SOC environment, and good understanding of network & application security
- Solid knowledge of operational security how it works along with underlying mechanisms and methodologies beyond tools and and controls
- Need to have good communication skills and be able to interact with colleagues locally and internationally from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Ability to operate autonomously and drive others to adhere to the global governance regime
- Team work mentality, as you'll work closely with colleagues on projects, learn from and support each other
- Curiosity, problem solving mentality and keen interest in growing in the security area
- Proven prioritisation, task management and problem solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft would be a nice to have
What's on Offer
The opportunity to join what is a new, lean and growing function with a business who are establishing their own security operations function. With this will come an opportunity to play a key role with the team in shaping the future of this function.
As well as a great opportunity, a competitive salary and benefits package is on offer.