- To lead a talented Service Quality Team (Housing)
- A chance to make a real impact alongside a great team
About Our Client
Our client is one of the fastest growing Housing Associations in the Country already and is looking to grow further over the next few years.
As Senior Service Quality Manager you'll be responsible for overseeing Service Quality across the business and managing key agent relationships whilst directly line managing 3x Service Quality Managers and 1x Service co-coordinator.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working through others to ensure the contract runs smoothly, meets its KPI's and any urgent matters are escalated through the appropriate channels.
- Monitoring team performance by setting and monitoring realistic targets.
- Support your team to put in place creative and new ways to address and exceed business objectives and performance targets.
- Supporting other areas of the business in identifying and proposing improvements on data quality.
- Be the key relationship manager and contact for the clients management companies who have been appointed by the developers to provide estate and communal services on estates.
- Develop and hold a detailed understanding of our management company contracts and monitor these to ensure the best possible service is delivered.
- Carry out Block Audits across an area in the South East.
- Work alongside our service charge team to establish if costs have been reasonably incurred and billed in line with covenants stipulated in the lease and any relevant legislation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with resident management companies (RMC's) across the UK. Meeting key members as and when required.
- As and when required ensure lease covenants are being enforced and adhered to across all sites.
- Create and deliver a robust monitoring system for estate and/or block inspections and utilising feedback from residents to ensure standards are being delivered.
- Using resident feedback and data to create and deliver an approach to provide valuable business intelligence to inform management company choices on future acquisitions.
- Actively manage any disputed or complex issues with management companies, residents, MP's and staff to progress cases, provide regular updates and bring them to a timely and satisfactory conclusion.
- Support the customer experience in terms of auditing estate management processes.
- Help establish new sites across the country, collating key documentation and setting clear guidance to residents on the services to be delivered and expected.
- Oversee contractual disputes, seek appropriate support from colleagues and external advisors where necessary; and take overall responsibility for ensuring solutions are delivered quickly, effectively, economically and to the resident's satisfaction.
- Support both the Head of Resident Services & Head of Contracts to monitor the performance the main managing agent and their delivery of the contract standards on our estates, blocks and communal areas. This will be through attending sites, quality checking that standards are being maintained.
- Provide a flexible on-site presence, to trouble-shoot when issues occur, and an Operations representative is required to attend. For example, if a new home is broken into prior to occupation, or to support colleagues to arrange key transfers in the event of an emergency.
- Make arrangements with alternative service providers, such as repairs contractors for ad-hoc property, estate, block or communal works.
- Attend emergency or urgent issues which are outside of management company or managing agent responsibility.
- Provide information and assurance to the Management Team, to provide assurance to our investors, Board, Exec and other key stakeholders. This includes providing both regular and ad-hoc reports to a range of audiences.
- Supporting the Head of Resident Services with involvement/engagement of customers. This includes arranging and leading resident meetings where appropriate.
- Source primary and secondary hand data relating to blocks and estates that assist in providing assurance for compliance purposes. Typically, this is to be done via estate inspections or assessing block/estate reports from the respective managing agent.
- Be responsible for your own health and safety, for adhering to the Health and Safety policies and for your colleagues.
- Working across other areas of the business to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Assisting our Managing Agents with the decant process where major works may be required to a property.
- Involvement/oversight of high level Anti-Social Behaviour cases.
- Managing ad-hoc business improvement projects.
- Managing the team's day to day support needs.
- Managing change within the team as new systems and processes are rolled out. Support the team in using these.
The Successful Applicant
- Knowledge of start-up environments and ways of working.
- Management experience in a fast paced, environment.
- Project management experience.
- Experience of identifying areas for improvement and tracking these through to fruition.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work in a team but also manage own workload.
- A confident communicator, you will be comfortable holding management companies to account, having difficult conversations whilst maintaining relationships.
- Organised and efficient with your time and self-manage, whilst being comfortable asking for help or guidance when you need it.
- Self-driven, accountable and embrace change and opportunity.
- Pro-active and take a creative approach to relationship-building and problem solving.
- Decisive whilst working at a quick pace.
- Have a natural customer focus, and it is a consideration in all that you do.
- Self-assured and tenacious as a lot of what you will be doing will be following up with colleagues and/or third parties such as management companies or developers.
- A full UK Driving License and access to a vehicle.
- A higher education qualification (e.g. Degree) and / or substantial relevant experience.
- IRPM or ARMA Membership, or the ability to undertake the necessary training.
What's on Offer
The role itself offers a competitive package, flexible working, other benefits, along with the opportunity to work at a residential investment company with a long-term investment strategy to provide affordable housing across the UK.