Senior Solicitor - Public Law, Litigation Advocacy - Brighton
Senior in house role within a high profile regulator
Interesting public law and policy related work
About Our Client
Our client is a prominent regulator offering high profile legal work.
Duties with this role include:
- Answering complex compliance enquiries from internal and external stakeholders (including enforcement technical specialists, employers, intermediaries and their professional advisers).
- The provision of legal advice on the Regulator's statutory enforcement powers and the use of those powers in litigation, and analyse information to provide advice on the development of case strategies.
- The preparation of cases, including the drafting of necessary documents, to be handed over to the Regulator's decision makers, determinations panel, First Tier and Upper Tribunals, Administrative Court, Criminal Courts or other appellate courts and provide advocacy as necessary.
- Provide high quality robust legal advice which will include interpretative advice on novel and existing legislation provisions, the development of policies, proposed legislation, industry focused guidance, codes of practice and reviewing external communications with a view to meeting the Regulator's statutory objectives
- Advise on the use of regulatory enforcement powers and related procedures in order to support the development and operationalisation of policy, strategy, casework processes and investigation procedures
- Provide specialist advice, knowledge management and training to additional business units on individual specialisms (including public law, civil enforcement, criminal law, judicial review, DPA and FOIA legislation
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a UK or Common Law Qualified Solicitor or Barrister with substantial experience of Litigation experience in Public Law, Advisory matters, Regulatory Enforcement and Advocacy.
What's on Offer
The salary for this position is up to ££101,731. Benefits also include:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangement
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision from the outset
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangement.
Please contact David Taylor (Michael Page Legal) on 07881 730 759 for further information.