- Work on high profile, complex equipment as a mechanical engineer
- Deliver projects as part of a talented engineering team
About Our Client
Michael Page are delighted to have partnered with an excellent design and manufacturing company of complex mechanical systems. Holding an unrivalled reputation in their market for quality, customer service and flexibility of the range this company have capitalised on favourable market conditions in 2020 and grown significantly as a result. With great visibility on orders through 2021 and beyond this company are continuing to invest in their two most important assets; their people and their products.
Working as part of an already established and highly supportive design team the Senior Solidworks Design Engineer will form a key part of the business's future success. Utilising your already held knowledge of core mechanical concepts such as heat transfer, mechanics and manufacturing fundamentals you will learn how the business creates its industry leading products and work on bespoke items for customers all over the world.
Working as a Senior Solidworks Design Engineer you will:
- Utilise Solidworks to create full integrity 3D models of complex mechanical assemblies
- Create appropriate and effective manufacturing drawing packs to ensure the products are made right first time
- Compile accurate BOM's, proactively liaising with purchasing where new items or suppliers need to be found
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry, safety, business standards and regulations.
- Promote teamwork and cooperation at all levels.
The Successful Applicant
This team are at the heart of business, without them the salespeople wouldn't have anything to sell and the manufacturing team wouldn't know what to make. As a result, you will be capable of taking responsibility for your workload and be a confident communicator across all levels and functions of the business.
In addition, the Senior Solidworks Design Engineer must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience using Solidworks in a professional context, even if this is not the most recent system you have used.
- The ability to work with AutoCAD 2D would be an advantage
- Further educational qualification in Mechanical or Design engineering, a degree is preferred
- Knowledge of fabrication manufacturing techniques
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and the opportunity to progress your career as a professional engineer